by Nukem131

Original Post

Lobby Bug

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Nukem131
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to play the game!
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1-3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 27/10/2020 11:30
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Can not play this game, have deleted and reinstalled and still happening.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to play the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at my picture

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Nukem131
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to start a game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 27/10/20 11:30
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not start a game, it keeps saying party is full when there is no one in my party. Also my name isn’t even showing up all it says is player.
What should be happening instead? Should be playing the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at my picture

This has been going on for the past 2-4 hours. Can’t get into a game. I’ve tested my network plenty of times, I’ve restarted my game and console plenty of times as well. Please help!!! 

Message 1 of 10 (481 Views)

Re: Lobby Bug

Community Manager

Hi @Nukem131,

Can we try out some other troubleshooting steps to see if we can help get you back up and running? I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps first when you have the chance. If you're still getting stuck at the same spot after that check out the PlayStation-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Kent I did all those “connection troubleshooting” attempts yesterday, this has been going on for two days now. Nothing seems to work! This is ridiculous. 

Message 3 of 10 (428 Views)

Community Manager

@Nukem131 

Thanks for giving that a shot. Can you also try setting a different DNS on your PlayStation to see if that helps as well? I've seen some cases where using a different DNS can help with issues like this as well. 

To update the DNS on your console follow the steps below: 

1. Go to your PS4 Settings

2. Choose Network

3. Select Set Up Internet Connection

4. Select either WiFi or LAN Cable (depending on what type of connection you're using)

5. Choose IP Address Settings (Automatic)

6. Select DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use)

7. Select DNS Settings (Manual)

8. From there enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well. 

Let me know if you're still seeing the same issues happening after that. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (394 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent I did all this with a representative days ago. Nothing works. Fix this bug I know I’m not the only one who’s having this issue. Wasted money on the season pass for this to happen? Come on. FIX THE GAME!
Message 5 of 10 (390 Views)

Community Manager

@Nukem131 

Which datacenter are you connecting to? Have you tried switching to a different one to test and see if the same issue is still happening? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (366 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent I’ve switched to all of them at least once. And it’s not my internet because I’m able to play other EA games and non EA games on my PS4 just fine.
Message 7 of 10 (362 Views)

Community Manager

@Nukem131 

Got it, thanks. 

What type of internet connection is your PS4 using? Is it connected over wifi, or does it use a LAN cable? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kent wrote:

@Nukem131 

Thanks for giving that a shot. Can you also try setting a different DNS on your PlayStation to see if that helps as well? I've seen some cases where using a different DNS can help with issues like this as well. 

To update the DNS on your console follow the steps below: 

1. Go to your PS4 Settings

2. Choose Network

3. Select Set Up Internet Connection

4. Select either WiFi or LAN Cable (depending on what type of connection you're using)

5. Choose IP Address Settings (Automatic)

6. Select DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use)

7. Select DNS Settings (Manual)

8. From there enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well. 

Let me know if you're still seeing the same issues happening after that. Thanks again!

/Kent

I had the same issue as nukem I hadn't been able to play for a couple of weeks, but this worked for me. Im unsure if it'll keep working, but i'll update the next time I try and play.

Message 9 of 10 (321 Views)

Community Manager

@forest_shrub 

Thanks for letting me know. If it does start happening again please give me a shout. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (303 Views)