Loba Tactical Inconsistencies

by half_a_teammate

Original Post

Re: Loba's tactical not working.

Community Manager

Thanks for the post, I was able to find the tweets. Linking the tweets is fine too.

That's very interesting. I note that on each of the videos, you get a Prediction Error notification each time your Jump Drive fails. 

If you haven't done so already, can you try power cycling your router and see if that has any effect? I'd also be interested, if you swap to a different internet connection (if that's an option of course) does the issue still manifest? Also, do you get this in the Firing Range or just in games. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 155 (3,032 Views)

★★ Novice

This does not happen in the firing range and I spend a lot of time in there so I can confirm this. I have spoken to my ISP already and I have Reset, Factory Reset, Changed Channel, Stability Checked, 0 Fracking or errors. This connection is also Wired CAT 6 from a Router that is only a few months old. Never had a problem like this before. I have deleted Cache and uninstalled and reinstalled my game and also completely reset my console, I have also tried it on my other Xbox too and I get the same problem. I have also been in games where people playing Loba have had the same problem. Thanks for getting back to me but I don't think the issue is on my end or I would of probably fixed it already. I believe this is a bug but either not many people get it or I just play a lot more than others.

Message 11 of 155 (1,992 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the info given. I don't think this is a purely local issue, but it's best to eliminate local networking as a factor. I suspect this lies

Can I check what data center you connect to, and does choosing a different one have any impact on this manifesting? 

When it does manifest, does it happen for the rest of the match? If this is manifesting, do you have issues with any grenades failing to throw, or animating inconsistently?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 12 of 155 (1,974 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David Just had this happen to me again on ps4. Was working fine at the start of the match but half way through I had no luck with it tried using the tactical in 4 different areas. 9 matches this has happened to me now
Message 13 of 155 (1,941 Views)

Loba translocate bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Ay0ForYay092
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Loba
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Between repulsar and market
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running to cover
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 6
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.06.20 12:43
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I throw the translocator and no mattter if i press RT or not when it hits the ground nothing happens and I don’t teleport. There is no cool down I can throw it again right away to no avail.
What should be happening instead? I should be teleporting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure, recreate the issue?

Beyond upset, I was in a heated match, was kill leader with only a few squads left, my teammate disconnected and when I had a squad on me, I could not even get away because no matter how many time I threw my teleport it wouldn’t work.i must’ve thrown it atleast 10 times in a row and every time it would fly normally and as soon as it would hit the ground it would come right back to me and I’d still be in the same place.

Similar to what happens when you throw Lobas teleport off map. But I was very much in the middle of the map

This happened to me once before but not like this. This is a game crushing bug, I recorded a video of it but not sure how to send you it. Please fix soon otherwise Loba is broken, thank you!

Message 14 of 155 (1,966 Views)

Re: Loba translocate bug

Message 15 of 155 (1,514 Views)

Re: LOba jusmp drive not working

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me in 3 ranked games at critical moments and I’ve ranked down because of it. Poor

Message 16 of 155 (1,501 Views)

Loba's teleport returning on valid locations - constantly

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Enter RAM memory size in GB 64gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Dcrtue
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All over the map. Was happening everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to use Loba teleport
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It's been cropping up, but today it was insanely bad
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What happens when the bug occurs? I throw my teleport and it returns denying the location. And this is a valid location. Like it was doing it over and over and over all over the map. I was getting denied over half of the time, and about 100% on the time when I was on a slight gradient. Started happening on the Treasures patch.
What should be happening instead? I should teleport to the valid location!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uh, revert the Loba teleport changes you made?

Loba is broke since the Treasure event patch.

Just a moment ago was the worst though. I was able to teleport like 4 or 5 times out of dozens of tries. The location was always valid. I could throw it right in front of me, and it came back. It did not matter where, it just came back. 

Super disappointing. 

Message 17 of 155 (1,347 Views)

Loba Tactical Inconsistencies

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Gtx 1050ti max q
Enter RAM memory size in GB 4gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? srry_i-died
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Worlds Edge and Kings Canyon.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using Loba Tactical
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? When using loba's tactical you expect it to teleport you to that location unless you have thrown it off the map which is an invalid spot. When you throw the bracelet (say in a building to the ceiling) it will bounce down and teleport you at the bottom as it should. However, if an object is too vertical or not perfectly horizontal, it will return the throw instead of falling down like it should. Kings Canyon seems to have less buggy buildings and overall for the map, but if thrown to the sides of objects, the tactical will be denied.
What should be happening instead? Teleport player to location and have bracelet fall down if thrown on vertical objects.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This happens in spots like the wooden buildings outside of The Bunker. Stand outside of the buildings and throw it at the wall on the second floor where there's the ledge. It will deny the throw. Worlds Edge is extremely buggy (to my guess because the ground is not as flat as KC). I experienced this when trying to leave Thermal Station on my way to the Harvester. The buildings on this map also seem buggy. I experienced this trying to get on top of the building where there are loot bins on the roof outside Thermal Station where the train parks. Also, I was unable to teleport onto Mirage's Ship. I was unable to get onto the back of the ship. (The spot where there are 2 supply bins).

Please fix so that the bracelet falls DOWN instead of being denied because the location is not horizontal enough. The bracelet properly falls down like in buildings because I assume the walls and floors are all flat. Please fix.

Message 18 of 155 (2,401 Views)

Re: Loba Tactical Inconsistencies

★ Novice
@half_a_teammate Yes that happening to me too
Message 19 of 155 (2,364 Views)