Loads of bugs since the latest patch... suggestions?

by hfxmer

Original Post

Re: Loads of bugs since the latest patch... suggestions?

★★★★ Novice

So I tried that, and so long as I wasnt in the main worlds I was fine. if I was in the camping worlds and locations there wasnt a single problem. I went back to my home lot and I was OK, then I travelled around Oasis Springs and bam, issues started again. It seems like the issue comes from moving within worlds I just wish I could figure out specifically what...

Message 11 of 18 (670 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Please either use pastebin.com and put the link here or use spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (668 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem, then I tried to 'repair game' and now I can't even play my game, because it crashes after the startup.

I really want to play, ;-; Whyyyy?!?!?!

Message 13 of 18 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

R0Ck3t_SC13NC3 wrote:

I had the same problem, then I tried to 'repair game' and now I can't even play my game, because it crashes after the startup.

I really want to play, ;-; Whyyyy?!?!?!

Actually, I tried factory resetting my game and it worked! Thank you!

But I can't use cc.

That's annoying.

Message 14 of 18 (664 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thank you so much for being so patient in walking me through this!

To summarize;

I've done everything you've suggested so far and it seemed like the game was finally working, until I started travelling within the MAIN worlds. Once I did that I went back to having bugs.

Here's the info you requested: http://pastebin.com/QsNbNxyF

I just downloaded the new expansion so it should be interesting to see if there's anything new or improved. I'll keep ya posted.

I SINCERELY APPRECIATE THE HELP. Standard smile

Message 15 of 18 (633 Views)

Hero

Only thing that I see in your DxDiag is that you have quite a few Windows Update failures. Is your Windows updated correctly now ? Can you check on that ?

I don't really think that should affect that game that way. Also on which drive do you have the game and origin and your user files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thanks. Yes the update failures are specific to office and explorer. We don't know why. Boyfriend is an IT guy and cant get them to take so we went in and did it individually so that windows itself is updated, but office isn't and neither is internet explorer. Neither of those which should affect the game. Who even uses internet explorer... lol

I bought the new expansion and it seemed to fix most of my bugs actually!

the ONLY bug I am still having is the one where things become unclickable. it only happens on my home lot, and if I click save it tends to reset it. And it's not happening as much as it did before.

I really feel like this was probably some sort of incompatibility on EA end because we did everything, and nothing worked til the new expansion. lol.

Thanks so much for your help and trying to figure it all out with me.

Message 17 of 18 (622 Views)

Hero

Well, the UI not clickable issue has been around a while.

Maybe you could add your voice to that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (1,331 Views)