Loads of bugs since the latest patch... suggestions?

by hfxmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loads of bugs since the latest patch... suggestions?

★★★★ Novice

So I haven't really experienced much for bugs since installing Sims 4. But ever since PC Version 1.4.114.1010 my game has become almost unplayable.

First of all I am getting the bug where everything is unclickable. I have tried every listed suggestion for fixing it but it only lasts for a few minutes before things go back to that. Sometimes saving will break it out of the cycle. I even tried moving one of my sims out and starting a new household. And of course all the usual checks you do when you have a bug.

The other issues include getting stuck in the speed modes of pause, play, fast, and really fast. It'll get stuck on one and it doesnt matter which other ones I press.

Finally, it wont let me place many objects. It tells me they need to be on a terrain despite being on a terrain.

I am thinking I am going to have to find a way to uninstall the latest patch. Anyone else having these issues? Anyone have any new solutions? My drivers and everything are up to date, I've gone through the lists to make sure I've done everything I can on my end.

Message 1 of 18 (1,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loads of bugs since the latest patch... suggestions?

Hero

Well, the UI not clickable issue has been around a while.

Maybe you could add your voice to that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (1,333 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (1,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for posting that, did it all! Have no mods or CC.

STILL BROKEN and actually worse Frown

At first it seemed like everything was good. But now tasks that usually take a few minutes are taking hours, and the sim keeps getting stuck on things like watering the plants etc.

Ugh! Seriously, everything was FINE until the latest patch.

I also deleted all caches.

Message 3 of 18 (1,126 Views)

Hero

Does the same happen if you start a new game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup *sigh* I did everything listed in what you suggested to me. I made sure my PC was up to date and all my graphics drivers. I reinstalled the game. I made sure there were no caches. I started a new game without my old save (backed it up and moved it out) I was fine for building. I was fine for doing things on my lot. As soon as I travelled, and then came back to my lot, the same issue again! when I click on things they become unclickable, and we get stuck in one of the speed modes. I also made sure to have the latest patch. The only thing that seems to get it unstuck is saving. But it only lasts for about 10 minutes or so before getting stuck again. Again I have no CC and no mods, and the game worked perfectly until these two latest patches.

So frustrating. I appreciate your trying to help me figure it out. It really seems like the problem happens surrounding when I leave the lot and come back now that I've compared.

Also I turned off origin in game as I read that was causing people issues too.

Message 5 of 18 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also, after leaving the lot and coming back I can now no longer place objects unless I use the move object cheat.

Message 6 of 18 (1,081 Views)

★★★★ Novice

... and since starting a new game after travelling to another lot and coming back, my cursor gets stuck holding items from my inventory. Boy- this is super annoying lol when I said loads of bugs I meant it Tongue out

Message 7 of 18 (1,078 Views)

Hero

Try a clean boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ to make sure it's not another program interfering.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (1,060 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I, also, have experienced the cursor stuck holding item from inventory.  Very intermittent yet very annoying.

Only way out was to close the game and restart it.

Message 9 of 18 (1,048 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thanks I'll try that next and let you know how it goes. My PC also just picked up on another windows update so I'll get that done first... I'll keep you posted. I appreciate your help

Message 10 of 18 (1,035 Views)