Loading in Game (preloading party member)

by xXSUPA_MARINEXx

Original Post

Re: Loading in Game (preloading party member)

★★★★ Novice

Good Morning,

I played 2 games with the second account and the error did occur. In between the 2 games I toggled around the menus for 5 mins and when I readied up the check mark was visible and the audio played but I never loaded in. The match selection just read “party member preloading”.

I upgraded my internet from 100mbps to 400mbps today so I will give that a shot as well and keep you updated. 

V/r

SUPA

Message 11 of 45 (657 Views)

★★ Novice
@xXSUPA_MARINEXx i play in steam-pc. have the exact problem.
Message 12 of 45 (651 Views)

Community Manager

Gotcha, thanks for giving that a shot. 

Would you mind running a UO Trace when you've got the chance? That should give us a more detailed look at the connection between your home network and the servers, so if there's something happening along the way we might be able to spot it. For more information on how to run the test check out the EA Help website

Once you have the results of the test please send it to me in a Direct Message. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 45 (641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Good Evening,

I ran the trace, the screenshot is attached. 

V/r

Supa

Message 14 of 45 (631 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @xXSUPA_MARINEXx

Thanks for posting that. The UO Trace looks pretty good. There is a bit of packet loss on one of the later hops, but the ping stays low throughout. 

Out of curiosity, which datacenter do you normally connect to in Apex Legends? Have you tested any other datacenters to see if that makes any difference at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 45 (617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I usually use St. Louis due to the lowest ping of 34 but occasionally I will use any of the Iowa’s that usually ping 40 to 45. When the problem first occurred I was living in California and my server was Oregon; it had a ping of 36. So I’ve lived in two completely different areas of the US and played on different servers and continue to have the same issue. 

V/r

Supa

Message 16 of 45 (613 Views)

★★★★ Novice

*Addition to Last Comment*

Also I thought maybe because my PlayStation Plus expired around the time the error occurred that it might have been the problem but I renewed it today and still get the same issue. I also tried to play on 5 different servers to see if it would help and I still had the error every time. I also switched to my other account and played a couple games and still had the error every game. I also updated the PlayStation software today and I still have the error occurring. I wanted to see if maybe it was my console so I played some Rocket League today with my buddy who is on Xbox and even with 10 games played and being on different platforms we had no issues at all. I only have this problem with Apex.

Message 17 of 45 (590 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Good Morning @EA_Kent,

*One More Additional Comment*

I also have an Xbox and downloaded/play a few games of Apex on it and had no issues. It’s only the PlayStation that the error occurs. I think it may have something to do with saved data on the EA Server, just a guess though. 

Message 18 of 45 (562 Views)

Community Manager

@xXSUPA_MARINEXx 

Thanks for the info! It is interesting that it's happening with multiple accounts on the same console. Was the other PSN account also connected to the same EA Account as your main PSN ID? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 19 of 45 (546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent,

No, the other account has its own EA login. I used my secondary email to create it. 

Message 20 of 45 (540 Views)