Loading Into Mission Last: Missing first 1/3rd of Story

by nyxal

Original Post

Loading Into Mission Last: Missing first 1/3rd of Story

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1060 (6GB)
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. This issue occurs in any Javelin, at any time of day, during any mission / stronghold type.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17-02.19
Summarize your bug I always load into a mission already in-progress. I feel like I'm missing the first 1/3rd of the story whenever I play a mission.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load into a game with random players on PC.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I start a mission, I am never the first to load into the game (i5-8600k, if that matters), which is fine. However I find that whoever loads into the game first, gets the in-game dialogue and story setup, while I don't. Sometimes I will load into a mission and manage to hear the last of the introduction dialogue (usually banter between my lancer and the contractor), but I usually miss it entirely. As a result of this, I'm the last to the fights and of course I accomplish fewer feats, because there are fewer enemies, and therefore I get less exp at the end of a mission. I feel like I'm missing the first 1/3rd of the story whenever I play this game.
What should be happening instead? I and the other players should all load in at the exact same time. That way no one is missing the story. The first person to load in is somewhat disadvantaged as well since they are now playing a 4 player experience by themselves until the rest of us can catch up.

Thanks for listening. I'm still having fun with Anthem.

Message 1 of 2 (40 Views)

Re: Loading Into Mission Last: Missing first 1/3rd of Story

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem 100% of the time. And not just in coop freeplay is slow to load. I have disabled all security protocols on this gaming pc format. That helped some however I agree mission should not be allowed to start utile all player are present.  Others are complaining about this issues.

Message 2 of 2 (18 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help