Re: Load game option greyed out and Campaing progress is not saved.

by Tsarchasm5

Original Post

Load game option greyed out and Campaing progress is not saved.

★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Load game option greyed out and Campaing progress is not saved. This applies to C&C Tiberium Dawn and C&C Red Alert. Repair and reinstall had no effect
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try the game via Origin
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to load and saved games (Saved button is not greyed out and seems to work)
What do you expect to see? Saved games to start, both from the campaign and skirmish mode.

Load game option greyed out and Campaing progress is not saved. This applies to C&C Tiberium Dawn and C&C Red Alert.

Repair and reinstall had no effect.  Saved games to start, both from the campaign and skirmish mode.

Message 1 of 18 (6,533 Views)

★ Pro
@b_darthnick
You can Load an existing Save that you created. This isn't like old CnC where you had Auto-Save for each Mission. Please note that the Missions are listed in the 'Select Mission' TAB from the Main-Menu.

If you have been making Save's Manually, then fine, then you have an issue (check that you have enough Space on the C:\ Drive).

Otherwise, this is a Duplicated Post.
Message 2 of 18 (6,513 Views)

★★ Novice
@GENERALZOOL No, in the mission select I can only select the first option of each main campaign for all factions. What is strange however is that al missions from the expansion packs are visible.

C:\ drive has enough free space (game is not installed in C:\ drive by the way). Games should also sync to the cloud and it says that I have 0kb in use.

No official response yet from EA? I have found several posts about this.
Message 3 of 18 (6,494 Views)

★★ Novice
@b_darthnick Btw, running build 732159 Version 1.153 Still no response from EA?
Message 4 of 18 (6,467 Views)

★ Apprentice
@b_darthnick Just an FYI, you will always see all the expansion pack missions. That's not abnormal. If you've unlocked Dinos and Ants, you'll see all of their missions too.

Anyway, so you're saying that you can make a save in the middle of a campaign game, but when you leave and come back you can't load them? And you're saying that your campaign progress is not remembered and all you have are the first missions of each campaign, as if you started new? That's strange; at first I was going to assume that Steam's finicky cloud saving is screwing you...

...but you're launching through Origin. Hmmm... I haven't used Origin in forever. Does Origin use a cloud feature similar to Steam? IF so, try disabling it (if you're able...) and that might force your game to make local saves only, and not be overwritten by or blown away by a cloud sync problem. The issue you describe happens to some Steam users with their cloud sync on (on many titles). If Origin uses a similar system, that COULD be your issue.
Message 5 of 18 (6,463 Views)

★★ Novice
@jros83 That summary is correct. Even with cloud save disabled the issue persists.
Message 6 of 18 (6,426 Views)

★ Apprentice
@b_darthnick Wow... That does indeed suck then. Sorry man, I hope you find the answer you need.
Message 7 of 18 (6,398 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem for me. It starts and runs pretty smooth and without problems. Only problem is that any progress I do is not saving after restarting the game. Also it is impossible when i save the game, the loading button is still grey, so saving is also not working. Deactivating Cloud Save is also not solving the issue.

Pls help.

Message 8 of 18 (6,367 Views)

★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/can-t-save-progress-command/m-p/9189641/highlight/true#M2...

that thread was helpful for me. now everthing is still saved after restart and the loading button becomes green after saving. 👍

Message 9 of 18 (6,359 Views)

★ Novice

+1 exact same problem. Campaign missions are not being saved in the list as i am doing them for the now second time. what I've noticed is if i complete a mission and click on the main menu button on that map screen between missions (where you select your next mission) they do in fact save, yet next time you load up the game they all disappear as if you've never done them.

Message 10 of 18 (6,204 Views)