Re: [Open] Stunning Summer Glam pack missing color options

by jooliea

Original Post

[Linked] Stunning Summer Glam pack missing color options

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003018872416
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After purchasing the pack I found only one color of eye shadow and 1-4 lip gloss colors available depending on the color of my sim's skin tone.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have all 5 eye shadow colors and all 10 lip gloss colors available to all female sims regardless of what their skin tone color is, just like it's advertised.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback This is the exact same thing that happened with the Bold Smokey Glam pack not long ago, which still hasn't been fixed although they did refund and compensate me for my trouble. EA needs to fix this so we get what we paid for, or at the very least they need to change the advertising for these packs so it's not so deceiving.

Message 1 of 17 (2,845 Views)

Re: Stunning Summer Glam pack missing color options

★ Novice

I did not get the makeup in the glam pocket.

Message 2 of 17 (2,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Disappointing. 

Message 3 of 17 (2,656 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

**UPDATE** After updating for the Summer BBQ Event, the number of colors available for the lip gloss has been increased.

The skin tone my sim has in the picture originally had only one color (as shown in my picture above on the top left) now as you can see I can chose from 6 different colors. I haven’t checked all skin tones and what’s available is still dependent on what skin tone is used, but at least it’s closer to what was advertised.

Message 4 of 17 (2,615 Views)

★ Novice

I still didnt see the eyes shadows hv an option other colors but the lipstick yes I saw now hv other colors 🤔🤔😒😒 so its can't change or only 1 color ??? Or I missing something ? Someone hv same problem like me or only me ? 

Message 5 of 17 (2,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It’s that way for everyone unfortunately.  If you look at my first post above, I listed in the bug report that there’s only one color choice for the eye shadow and you can see it’s that way in my picture too 😕

I’m glad they increased the colors for the lip gloss, but wish they would’ve done it for the eye shadow as well so we could have what is advertised.

Message 6 of 17 (2,515 Views)

★★ Apprentice

has anyone addressed this? one of the reasons i purchased this was for the different eyeshadow colors as advertised. so are they working to fix this???

Message 7 of 17 (2,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to know when this will be fixed; the green and pink shade is still the only one available and it's supposed to have several shades to choose from.

Great screencap work, OP. It makes the issue completely clear! Thank you.

Edit: Also really want the contour colors! That was a huge draw for me and it remains still only the one highlight color. Frown

Message 8 of 17 (2,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, I'm glad the screenshots show the problem easily Wink Unfortunately, it still hasn't been fixed for this pack or the Bold Smokey glam pack, and at this point I seriously doubt it ever will.I don't know why it hasn't been fixed, it can't be that difficult to enable all colors for all skin tones, but  I can tell you that after submitting tickets and sending several emails back and forth I've been refunded my original sim cash cost and also compensated with extra sim cash for both of those make up packs, so it might be worth a try to contact them. I'm hoping in the future at the very least they will change the way they advertise these items so players know exactly what they're getting. 

Message 9 of 17 (2,306 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems like they need more than better advertising; some of the colors just aren't ever available at all no matter the skin tone, from what I can tell. This is bizarre. I guess I may as well open a ticket, then. Frown

Thank you for everything!

Message 10 of 17 (2,291 Views)