by pepperjax1230

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Linked] Bold Smokey Glam pack missing color options

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version 11.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003018872416
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) The Bold Smokey Glam pack advertised several colors (see below for exact numbers) of blush, lip, eye shadow and highlight, but but there are no color options for blush or highlights and depending on the sim's skin tone, only a limited number of lip or eye shadow colors are available, instead of all of the colors advertised.(please see screenshots for examples) 2) Also the curly hair that came with this pack has a white spot in the back (see photo)
What do you expect to see? 1) When applying make-up purchased from the Bold Smokey Glam pack, a female sim of any skin tone should be able to wear any one of the 11 blush colors, 11 lip colors, 11 eye shadow colors and 12 highlight colors. 2) No white spot in the back of the hair
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US
Additional feedback Bugs are also present when on mobile data

This bug was originally mentioned in the technical issues thread by another user, but since they haven't responded, I'm reporting this because I'd like to see it fixed so we can all get what we paid for.

At the beginning it seemed like some colors were missing, but I've done more research and it seems the colors available are dependent on what color the sim's skin tone is...for example a sim with dark skin has only dark colors available for lips and eyes (blush and highlighters still have no color options regardless) and if the sim's skin tone is light then they there's only lighter colors available but all colors should be available for all skin tones as in the advertisement.

Also the white spot in the back of the hair shows regardless of color in CAS and in-game.

Thank you!

Photo May 18, 9 28 59 PM.jpg

Photo May 18, 9 32 38 PM.jpg

Photo May 13, 5 57 25 PM.jpg

Photo May 13, 6 03 56 PM.jpg

Photo May 14, 8 48 00 AM.jpg

Photo May 14, 8 48 08 AM.jpg

Photo May 15, 11 29 52 AM.png

Message 9 of 38 (5,323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Linked] Bold Smokey Glam pack missing color options

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi alls, sorry for confusing! I asked to EA help and got the answer! According to the e-mail, the colors we can see is different each color of sim's skin.😂 Exactly when I change sim's skin to blue, I can see purple blush. I'm so sorry that I can't read all threads completely.🙏

View in thread

Message 34 of 38 (5,056 Views)

All Replies

Cheated by makeup pack!

★ Apprentice

I purchased the Bold Smokey Glam makeup pack after seeing the many color options you get, and to my dismay, I did not receive all of the colors!! I got 4 of 11 eye shadow, 1 of 11 blush, 1 of 12 highlight, 4 of 11 lip color! Yes, my game is up to date, and my player ID is 1003622308466

Message 1 of 38 (5,054 Views)

Re: Cheated by makeup pack!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I received the exact same items after purchasing this pack--1 blush, 4 eyeshadows, 4 lipsticks ad 1 highlighter. So I began googling to see if I was doing something wrong--that's how I found this post--but I also found 2 YouTube videos (I would link to them, but I'm guessing it's not allowed) where players purchased the pack and they received the same items as well. 

I'd be happy to provide my information when necessary, thanks!

Message 2 of 38 (5,042 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The exact same for me, not such a great deal for 230 SimCash!
Message 3 of 38 (4,988 Views)

★ Apprentice
It’s false advertisement, and it needs to be fixed asap.
Message 4 of 38 (4,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Have you filed a report for missing content? I started a case yesterday and have gotten 2 form letters with the exact same wording basically saying they can’t help me and I agree it is false advertising!
Here’s a screenshot of what they gave as the excuse...it’s not an “in-game feature” it’s a pack I paid for that advertised all those color options, this is nonsense and could most likely be fixed with a simple update adding in the correct color options.
Message 5 of 38 (4,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide
So... we paid 230 SimCash, basicly 5$ real money for 1/3 of what was shown before I purchased it? That’s ridiculous! And TBH that eyeshadow could all be the same colors, to me, all 4 colors look the same 🤨😒
Message 6 of 38 (4,960 Views)

★★★ Guide

@sweedeypy wrote:
So... we paid 230 SimCash, basicly 5$ real money for 1/3 of what was shown before I purchased it? That’s ridiculous! And TBH that eyeshadow could all be the same colors, to me, all 4 colors look the same 🤨😒

Why don’t you ask either google play store or Apple to refund what you spent on the sim cash because you you were led to believe the advertising.

Message 7 of 38 (4,915 Views)

This sounds like a bug. Could you open a new post in the bug forum for this?

You can find the bug forum over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

The bug forum has a small list with questions which might just help solving the problem!  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 38 (4,912 Views)

Re: Bold Smokey Glam pack missing color options

★★★★★ Novice
Yes, I’ld really like to get what I paid for.
Message 10 of 38 (4,987 Views)