Re: Lightsaber heroes/villains unable to use block

by jajo20000

Original Post

Lightsaber heroes/villains unable to use block

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Lightsaber heroes/villains unable to use block after a while in HvV.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Atreus-213
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/19/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 01:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After a period of time in a given life, a lightsaber hero will stop being able to block despite the stamina gauge. Holding L2 will cause your character to slow down, but will not raise their saber and will take no action to block or deflect. It might be in response to being hit with another Force ability, regardless if it's blocked or not.
What happens when the bug occurs? Holding L2 will cause your character to slow down, but will not raise their saber and will take no action to block or deflect. The only known way to resolve it is to die and respawn.
What do you expect to see? I expect your character to be able to use all abilities when they're supposed to.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

See answers to questions.

Message 1 of 8 (2,506 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bumping this along with new post to show that this is still an issue.

Message 2 of 8 (2,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This is still a thing on Patch 2.01! But, I saw somewhere that you can start attacking like crazy until your stamina goes all the way to max to fix it and it worked! I was Rey, lost my block, got to a safe spot, started mashing my attack button until the stamina circle went full red, and then my blocking was back. I hope this can be used to any no block buggy situations.

Message 3 of 8 (2,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
Oh wow thank you that is legend I defo will try this when it next happens. Does anyone know if there is a magical fix when their sabers dissappear as well?
Message 4 of 8 (2,327 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Nice job finding a remedy, even though we shouldn't have to keep finding work arounds for all these issues. Fix the game EA! A lot of these issues have been around for weeks, months. I'm still crashing to desktop left and right for crying out loud.
Message 5 of 8 (2,317 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Here is a somewhat comprehensive video showing this BUG happening and also the out of stamina solution to it so we can remove it without having to die or respawn: https://youtu.be/T0elF_zR5EE

Message 6 of 8 (2,287 Views)

★ Apprentice
Not oy in heroes vs villains seem that some times you can't block blasters bolts in Galactic Assault
Message 7 of 8 (2,188 Views)

★★ Guide
Thank you RogueZero for the solution to fix it. I’m here to confirm that this happens to me and my friends on PC every time we play lightsaber heroes. I’ll tell this to my friends so we can block again in a match. But yeah I hope it gets fixed because we shouldn’t have to try and fix something that is broken ourselves. It should be fixed so it doesn’t happen again.
Message 8 of 8 (2,155 Views)