Re: Lightsaber does not deactivate since adding Anakin for all heroes/villains

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lightsaber does not deactivate since adding Anakin for all heroes/villains

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Was the ability to activate/deactivate a lightsaber eliminated on purpose? Since Anakin was added all lightsaber heroes are stuck with it on all the time. On a planet like Geonosis it comes in handy so your not a literal shiny target on the screen all the time. I don't know why that would be intentionally taken away.

Message 1 of 7 (716 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

The square button on PS4 works now, it was the triangle but now that is Anakins extra ability. I swear I tried all of the buttons the other night but now at least that works. Thanks.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (638 Views)

All Replies

Hello @aldric18 and thanks for reporting in! I've moved your post to the bug report section as well Standard smile

Now on to the bug, I tried the lightsaber turning on and off as well and was able to do that. For PC, the key I use is the interact key, E.

You didn't specifiy on which platform you are, but I've not seen anyone mentioning this around the forums, so could you try to go into your keybindings/settings and see what happens when you relocate the interact setting?

You could also try out the 'Restore default' option, that will automatically reset everything and thus also this key! 

Could you try that out and report back? Thanks!

Message 2 of 7 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It is the PS4 Pro, I tried all of the buttons and none of them performed the option to turn it off. I will go on in a little bit and look into settings but it's only been this way since the update.The game itself crashed on Wednesday and a report with video and data was sent to Sony. I will post my findings in a bit. Thank you.

Message 3 of 7 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The default key for turning saber on/off on PS4 is Square. But if you can change this, check in your controller configuration which button is labeled the 'Interact' Button. They hardcoded saber turning on/off to the Interact Button, so whichever is the Interact Button, it'll also be the saber turning on/off button

Message 4 of 7 (675 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I will check In a bit but the default button was always triangle on mine from day 1. I did try all the buttons before I submitted the original post but I will try again and post what I find in a bit.

Message 5 of 7 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They changed the button on purpose in this latest update because of anakin

Message 6 of 7 (651 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The square button on PS4 works now, it was the triangle but now that is Anakins extra ability. I swear I tried all of the buttons the other night but now at least that works. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7 (639 Views)