by LadyKyn

Original Post

[OPEN] Lights don't turn on or off

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42.9.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I moved to hew hose and placed lamps from my inventory. When I move lights they sometimes go out. When I put them back to inventory and place them again they are on. Now after I used auto lights for every light they stop responding. A few are out and a few on and commands to enable / disable a light don't work anymore. The round paper light got a light hue when enabled but the room is completely dark.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lights don't work as expected.
What do you expect to see? Light should turn off in empty rooms and turn on when a dim is present. Lights should change state after setting on/off state.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Lights seem broken. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,755 Views)

Re: Lights don't turn on or off

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheBl4ckSh33p Do they not turn on/off anymore at all or just auto-lights stopped working ? To be sure I understand correctly.

Are you playing on haunted lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,730 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Most lights are stuck and don't change state anymore. Relaunching / reloading didn't help. I set auto light and disabled lights but kitchen is always on. And living room is dark the whole time.
Message 3 of 15 (1,707 Views)

Hero
@TheBl4ckSh33p Can you test another lot to see if the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (1,700 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It seems to work in another house with another family. Tried setting auto light or always on and it worked there. 🤔
Message 5 of 15 (1,691 Views)

Hero
@TheBl4ckSh33p Is the lot where it doesn't work a haunted lot or a tiny lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (1,680 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have a very similar issue, my Sims outdoor lights no longer turn on/light up.

This only seems to affect lights that I place outdoors, and when I click for them to turn on, the item itself lights up as if it is on, but no light actually emits from the light itself, meaning the outdoor area is still dark during the night. I have had this issue happen once to an indoor light also but have only seen it happen during one play through.

Message 7 of 15 (1,672 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No. Didn't use these.

Started a new family today and auto lights worked (does it reduce energy usage and bills?) but it started to stop working in the bedroom. Both sims sleep in bed but light stays on now. It turned off before.
Message 8 of 15 (1,661 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have this problem as well. Happens at times when lights won't do autolights anymore and I have to just turn them off completely or delete the lights and replace them so they will.

Message 9 of 15 (1,636 Views)

★★ Guide

Seeing this as well, but I thought I messed up the settings trying to switch auto lights off for candles only. The lot I was using had a bunch of candles on it, and it seemed that replacing the lights fixed the issue for me. I’m curious if the candles had any impact on this issue. 

Message 10 of 15 (1,616 Views)