Re: Lighting and room issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Lighting and room issues

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Sadly I can't check the game will not load back up after a crash (which is a whole other problem but one thing at a time...)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Cats and Dogs, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, some times it happens while building/ renovating a house and sometimes it does not. but chances are if you like using open room plans or fences/pillars indoors it has happened at least once.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lights in a room are dim like it's outdoors and the light tints don't work at all
What do you expect to see? normal indoor lighting and what ever tint I chose for the lights
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I really like making interesting and different rooms, this means I like using fences and pillars indoors, bright tinted lights, and very open floor plan to leave room for said fences and pillars, so not too many doors or walls, mind you my house STILL has walls around it front and back doors, and a roof, actually it has two floor so technically more then one roof despite all this one "room" and only this room has dim outdoor lighting and no tints even though I added one. It was meant to be a gym so there's gym machines inside it's located in a large room with walls, doors, and a roof but the entrance to the room is a fence with pillars on either side of the gap to be the way in. No matter what I do the lights are dim and the only things that fixed it is putting a wall where the fences and pillars are. But I shouldn't have to do that I shouldn't have to give up on interesting set up just because the weird programing of room recognizing when it's already WITHIN A ROOM ITSELF! I really hope ea can fi what's counted as a room and what isn't not every single room should have to have complete walls and doors there open rooms should be counted as long as it's still actually indoors.

Message 1 of 4 (395 Views)

Hero
@PicklePizza6 Could you add some pictures to your post ?

Also did you test on a save with no mods/cc added ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)

★★★ Novice

I mean I could but it's really only CAS cc so i'm not sure if that should affect anything at all, but I think it's an update bug that I hope gets fixed soon because I want all my room to be lit up normally 

Message 3 of 4 (333 Views)

Hero
@PicklePizza6 Could you please post some pictures at least ?

There's always a chance that EA will ignore the reports here that aren't tested on vanilla games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (315 Views)