Licensed Songs Reset Weekly

by thefailedbeta

Original Post

Licensed Songs Reset Weekly

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max skill in violin or guitar, license a song, and play over a week.
What happens when the bug occurs? Songs licensed by my sim no longer show on my royalty report after a week. I also have the option to license the same song from the mailbox. Currently, I can only have one licensed song per instrument at a time since you can only license one song per instrument per week.
What do you expect to see? I expect music royalties to work as book royalties do, and for my sim to earn money off her music until she dies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if it's by design or not, but it seems odd. Broken heart

Message 1 of 3 (1,011 Views)

Re: Licensed Songs Reset Weekly

★★ Guide

It is by design. And yes, it's bad, and weird,but it's by design.

Message 2 of 3 (971 Views)

Re: Licensed Songs Reset Weekly

Hero
@thefailedbeta They do expire over time and I think it's only a week. Not sure about the re-license part really but I guess if you have the option, than you can do that.

There are mods that remove the cool-down period in case you want to go down that road.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (956 Views)