Re: Level 8 of career already check off in aspiration, not yet met

by crinrict

Original Post

Level 8 of career already check off in aspiration, not yet met

★★★★★ Apprentice

At the time of the December 16 patch, I had a Sim with the Public Enemy Aspiration. She was at level 4 in the Criminal career. The patch apparently changed the aspiration requirements and moved her from 2/4 to 3/4 of the aspiration. One of the requirements of 3/4 was to reach level 8 in the criminal career, and it was checked off as being already completed. I decided it must have been a quirk caused by the change in the aspiration requirements, and I let it go.

Today I had another Sim with the Public Enemy aspiration reach level 4 of the criminal career. She started the Public Enemy aspiration on December 21 and then started the criminal career on December 31. The final requirement of 2/4 was to reach level 4 of the criminal career. That put her to 3/4 of the Public Enemy aspiration. However, when she moved from 2/4 to 3/4, the requirement to reach level 8 of the career was already checked off.

I have read of numerous cases in other aspirations where there was a requirement to reach level 8 of a certain career, and it was already checked off even though they were only at level 4. I assumed these people got caught in the middle of the aspiration by the December 16 patch. However, my new case clearly shows that being mid-aspiration at the time of the December 16 patch is not the problem. The problem is somewhere in the coding of the aspirations themselves.

I'm linking some other folks who have experienced similar:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812333/master-chef-aspiration-glitch

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816544/aspiration-fulfilled-without-reaching-the-prerequi...

Message 1 of 4 (346 Views)

Hero

That was reported for the Master Chef one here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-4-Master-Chef-Aspiration-problems/td-p/4342984/

Unsure atm if I should merge of if it's separate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue. I already cheated the sim up to the next milestone because I thought it might've triggered with a promotion.

I have all the Expansions, all but the Vampire Game Pack, and all but the Spooky, Movie, Bowling, Toddler, Ice Cream, and Cool Kitchen stuff packs.
I run with CAS clothing packs.

I noticed this was an older issue, but had a Sim start pursuing the Public Enemy aspiration and start really hitting their stride after they could dedicate more hours to their day (the Never Weary Trait, because trying to be a painter/hacker/socialite was straining their exhaustion). I was already level 9 (Net Demon) in the criminal career down the hacker/Matrix style path, by the time I started going down the path with gusto, especially with my budding Fame. By the time I hit the third milestone of the aspiration, I was already at the level 8 or 9 in the career, but not getting credit for already being level 4 in the Criminal career.

It was a lone Sim in the household, and I wish I had a save as it was late at night and I had saved over the issue.

So to summarize, glitched step 3 of public enemy when you are already high up in the criminal career as you start to fulfill the requirements for moving the milestones. I can see if I can make a save where this is an issue.

Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

Hero
Hi @Trothgard

it's best if you just create a new report. This thread is very old.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (263 Views)