Level 4 Paralegal Won't Do Lawyer's Exam

by GeordieJLK

Original Post

Level 4 Paralegal Won't Do Lawyer's Exam

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Game Packs - Jungle Adventure, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs - My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour, and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in level 4 Paralegal of the law career, go to a computer and click to do the lawyer's exam. The sim will walk out the door as if to leave, and then the command will disappear.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is Paralegal (level 4) of the Law Career, but every time I click on 'take lawyer's exam', she walks out the door and then the command disappears, and she just stands there.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to go and do the lawyer's exam.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is Paralegal (level 4) of the Law Career, but every time I click on 'take lawyer's exam', she walks out the door and then the command disappears, and she just stands there.

I've seen this bug reported a couple times on Reddit, but I can't find it on here. There have been no fixes that anyone has found.

I've repaired and restarted my game, and it didn't fix anything. 

Message 1 of 11 (4,689 Views)

Re: Level 4 Paralegal Won't Do Lawyer's Exam

Hero
@GeordieJLK It's probably the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-LE-When-Sending-Sim-to-Visit-Speak-at-Unversity...

Are you getting any last exceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (4,628 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don’t know what a last exception is?

It’s like the sim resets when it gets to the location it would usually leave the lot at. 

Message 3 of 11 (4,609 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK There's a file in your doc folder called lastException.

Could you delete that, then trigger the error and see if a new one is created ?

If so, please upload it (either create a rar file to upload or c/p the content to a post)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (4,602 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK Have you been able to locate the file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (4,523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can’t get on atm because I broke my wrist. I’ll let you know when I can. 

Message 6 of 11 (4,507 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK Ouch. Get better soon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (4,503 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK Is this fixed for you after this newest patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,893 Views)

Goes out of the house when they should take lawyer exam

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I am not sure, sorry. I don't know where to search for this info.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Be a paralegal 2. Reach level 4 at research and debates 3. Try to take lawyer exam
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim goes out of his apartment, and the babies go to daycare and immediately return back home and the Sim just stands in the hallway. The Sim does not go to the computer but goes straight out of the apartment.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should go to his computer to take the exam. I can't get a promotion without taking the exam.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I read on Reddit that some people have the same issue but in a different situation. They said their Sim is going out of the house after they make them do something specific. I couldn't find an answer on Reddit that would help my problem as I am not that experienced with PC games.

Message 9 of 11 (1,119 Views)

Re: Goes out of the house when they should take lawyer exam

★★★★★ Pro

I gave this a try, but I used a house (Honeydew Fields in Britechester). My test Sim got up from the computer, walked out to the street, then disappeared into a rabbit hole to take the exam. She reappeared about 2 hours later, with the exam completed.

I tried it again, but this time I used an apartment (930 Mediina Studios in San Myshuno). My test Sim got up from the computer, walked out to the elevator, then disappeared into a rabbit hole to take the exam. She returned about 2 hours later, with the exam completed, just like before.

Apparently, the computer is just used to start the Lawyers Exam. The actual exam takes place in a rabbit hole, just like going to work. The only difference between the two tests I made is the location of the rabbit hole.

Message 10 of 11 (1,093 Views)