Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Legendary Freelancer Challenge bugged

by NIBBLE_MY_PRWN

Original Post

Re: Legendary Freelancer Challenge bugged

★ Apprentice
fixed? ROFLMAO, nope now even more things are FUBAR. I even rolled up another pilot to 23 and fully equipped each lvl rarity. NADA
Message 21 of 27 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@tecknotot wrote:
Maybe its not done yet and just a placeholder?

What do you think is a place holder? I have completed every challenge in the game, there are no place holders currently in the game.

Message 22 of 27 (271 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I figured it out, posted on Reddit here (https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/bh6qmh/psa_heres_how_you_complete_legendary_freelanc...?). Reposted here for your convenience:

tl;dr: Start the story from the beginning on the same account as a new pilot (you have three slots, can be done from the title screen, your old progress will not be affected), and play until you get to the end of the story and the credits roll. The challenge will be complete afterwards assuming you already met all the requirements.

...So, in the current patch (1.1.0), Legendary Freelancer is fixed, but not retroactively. New players shouldn't have a problem, but old players...for the Javelin challenges that were bugged for many of us, the simple solution is to create Uncommon/Rare/Epic/MW builds (by starting with a new, default build) and run a mission with them. They'll check off now (this is what I did first). The Complete Mission Challenges objective that was also bugged...is what that ??? challenge under Expeditions was this whole time (see here (https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/bgj1w1/psa_legendary_freelancer_challenge/) for a screenshot of what the Complete Mission Challenges challenge looks like). Subobjectives for that are Complete Agent Challenges, Complete Mission: Return to the Heart of Rage, Dax: Emerald Abyss, and Matthias: Triple Threat. The way I understand this is, the game was not lying when the ??? challenge said you need to play more of the game to unlock it. Just that, the trigger point where it's supposed to unlock was broken. I'm thinking it was supposed to become visible after you finish the mission Return to the Heart of Rage, see the credits roll, and officially enter the postgame. In my case, I had cleared all missions a long time ago as my main pilot, and I only started a new pilot in hopes the challenge would trigger after I had checked off everything under Legendary Freelancer except for the very last objective (Complete Mission Challenges). As soon as I loaded back into Fort Tarsis after the credits rolled and post-credits scenes were over, the ??? challenge was revealed and both that and Legendary Freelancer were placed in the Completed Challenges lists, both of them having everything checked off.

Message 23 of 27 (255 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also having this big as well as I still cant complete brinns questline

Message 24 of 27 (183 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What was your workaround?  The only boxes I have unchecked are the javelin rarity challenges and the "complete mission challenges" at the bottom?  What's that last one even require for completion?

Message 25 of 27 (161 Views)

@masterhand3 wrote:

I figured it out,

Thanks, in combination with the patch 1.1.0 'fix', this solved it for me.

After making the different rarity Javelins and running one mission with them, I made a new Pilot and ran straight along the critical path storyline on Easy,

Yes, it did take some hours, but it's not as if I haven't played for many hours and it was nice to see the story played out on one day.

After the Return to the Heart of Rage mission, both the mission checkbox and '???' checkbox popped, completing the 'legendary freelancer' challenge.

This graphic (Battle Ready) is the reward along with some coin.

Screenshot 2019-04-26 01.09.02.png 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 26 of 27 (151 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yep same here
Message 27 of 27 (146 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help