[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SBPlaysGames
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. MikeMeltz, SpF_ZYRONTTV
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane, then Lifeline
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound and Pathfinder
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The respawn beacon just west of Runoff
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Being respawned by a squad mate
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.09.19 11:15pm EST (approximately)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I joined matchmaking with Octane as my featured legend, and let him get automatically selected during character selection because I was doing something on my other monitor. I played the first few minutes of the match as Octane and everything seemed normal. I got killed just west of Runoff but my squadmates won the fight and recovered my banner. They respawned me using the beacon there by Runoff, but when I came out of the dropship I was Lifeline instead of Octane. It wasn't just cosmetic; I definitely had Lifeline's abilities and no longer had Octane's. When my team eventually got killed the death summary showed my Lifeline banner, but the end of match screen (where XP and battle pass challenges are tallied up) showed my Octane banner. I had played Lifeline in the previous game, so maybe this is somehow related to me not actually actively selecting Octane during character selection?
What should be happening instead? I should be respawning as the character I started the match with
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea how this can be reproduced. I've played a lot of Apex and this is the only time I've seen it.

-

DYSPROssium edit: Updated formatting of title/body.

Message 2 of 17 (1,018 Views)

Legend CHANGED during respawn.

★ Apprentice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RaginKavu
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Delrik2. I dont remember the name of the Octane player.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? MIRAGE.
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic and Octane
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Relay
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I fell in an waterfall. When I got respawned, I was a different Legend.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? More than five.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2.06.19 around 11.59 am, BRT. São Paulo server.
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? occurs? Minor impacts to gameplay just because I was expecting to play one Legend, and got to do it with another one. We had just landed. I was jumping from a building to try and get to a zipline - the ones over the river - but I miscalculated and fell on the waterfall.The big area with supplybins was behind me, I had it already looted, and I was facing the Artillery area. The Caustic player got my banner, and the Octane player left the game. When I was respawned... I came back AS A GIBRALTAR! I`m 100% sure that picked a Mirage, so were my squadmates. When the game was over, my stat screen for that match was indeed Mirage`s, but the screen with the squad stats was showing Gibraltar. Btw, I really don't know where the screenshots from this game are saved, If they are at all. There's no indicator that a screenshot has been taken, nor a easy to see path to them is shown in the Oring app, so I cant attach one.=(
What should be happening instead? Well, I guess I should have continued playing as... Mirage?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe try and repeat what I did. During the time I was being respawned, I was fiddling with the keyboard. ASWD keys, TAB... didn't pay much attention, but it might have had any thing to do with it. Who knows?

Message 1 of 17 (863 Views)

Legend swapped at death in Ranked Game

★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Vyrol
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Watson
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. By Bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Died
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.05.2020 13:00
What happens when the bug occurs? I started the game as Watson and when I died I was Gibraltar
What should be happening instead? I should have spawned as Watson
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Die

I was playing a ranked game starting out as Watson. When I died, I respawned as Gibraltar. I was near the “Bunker.”

Message 3 of 17 (943 Views)

Team mate pulled in game from lobby with different legend

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Not relevant
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? kaarlozzz
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. respawn beacon
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. respawning squad mate
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.05.2020 20:00
What happens when the bug occurs? player was "able" to change legend
What should be happening instead? something else, either they can reconnect to game or just not come back at all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? check the description

I was in party with other person. They died in the game, disconnected from the game, I picked up their banner. They showed to me as disconnected in the squad info at bottom left. For some reason I was able to respawn them from the beacon and I so did even though they seemed to be disconnected. After while dropship dropped him back into the game with different legend. I was not in voice comm with him so I could not tell how he experienced this.

Message 4 of 17 (932 Views)

My legend change after respawning in a match

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1050Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB DDR4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Noob_Chemist
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Revenant
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Octane and Bangalore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. North west side of the map, around RIG, but not exactly there.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Being respawned by squadmates, after dying due to network disconnect.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2 (I guess)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 5/20/2020
What happens when the bug occurs? I was Revenant, right after landing I kicked out of the game and there was an error (404 I guess), so I closed the game and turn origin to offline mode, then I disconnect my wifi and reconnect and make origin online and run the game. The first thing I saw was that my teammates where respawning me, but I dropped down as Lifeline instead of Revenant! I asked them and they also approved that this is the same team and I was Revenant before respawn.
What should be happening instead? I should have respawned as the same legend I was before.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really have no clue, maybe try die as a certain legend and disconnect before teammates take your banner , then return before they res you?

I was playing as Revenant, I died due to an error (disconnected). I run the game again and entered the game while my teammate respawning me and I dropped down as Lifeline! I saw clips of Loba turning into Bangalore after respawn, so I assume I'm not the only one who experienced this bug.

DYSPROssium edit: Updated formatting of title/body.

Message 5 of 17 (1,082 Views)

Re: Revenant turn into Lifeline after Respawn

★★★ Pro

This happened again!

I died as Revenant and got disconnected, I reconnect while I was respawned by teammates... I returned as Bangalore this time!

Message 6 of 17 (1,005 Views)

Hello @Alphabets and thanks for reporting the issue.

I've not yet read about this issue elsewhere, and as it is quite hard to replicate, I would like to ask you if you by any chance have a video of it occurring?

Message 7 of 17 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DYSPROssiumHi, no sorry, but I think under one of the season 5 update twitts, on official Apex Twitter account, one guy was shared a similar short video about respawning Loba and it turned into Bangalore. If I found it, I’ll update/edit this post.

Edit: 

I couldn’t found that exact video, but I found this:

https://reddit.app.link/uuoJRZg3S6

I think more people might have experienced the same bug, but only a few talked about it.

Message 8 of 17 (973 Views)

Thank you for providing that video, @Alphabets 

Much appreciated!

Message 9 of 17 (949 Views)

discon

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Stongsm1001
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? loba and bangolore
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. sorting factory
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. i disconnected and then reconnected
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 1/6/2020 6:50
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? you switch legend after you reconnect
What should be happening instead? you should come back as the same legend as when you disconnected
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into a game disconnect be brought back through a respawn beacon then reconnect

when I was back I was in a way different place than when I disconnected that I could not have gotten to with the input I put in while disconnecting but I don't know if I was brought back through a respawn beacon for sure I just think I was because of where I was

Message 10 of 17 (939 Views)