Original Post

Accepted Solution

Left stick drift

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? nxsvt
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. happens every where, in the lobby and match
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. running and looting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? not that many
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 4/6/20
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Left stick drift causing unwanted movement and matches it difficult to loot death boxes as well.
What should be happening instead? No left stick drift
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Up the sensitivity. The stick drift only happen on apex legends, no other game. I would barley move my left stick and my menu cursor in the lobby screen would move. Then in game I would drift. Make the stick deadzone less sensitive.

Left stick drift happens in lobby and in game. It makes it difficult to move your cursor on exactly what you want to click. In game, it messes up your movement and makes it hard to loot death boxes. Increasing the sticks deadzone or sensitivity would be a good fix. This only happens in apex legends, no other game. 

Message 1 of 17 (29,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Left stick drift

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@nxsvt 

For left stick drift

Settings>Controller>Movement Deadzone>Large

@PandasavageTV 

For right stick drift you can try:

Settings>Controller>Response Curve Steady

Look Deadzone None or Small

( If you choose response curve>steady then look deadzone>none is recommended but if you still encounter too much right stick drift then try look deadzone>small )

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (28,912 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I've been experiencing this a lot I thought it was my controller so I ended up buying a new one but my view would drift only to the left though

Message 2 of 17 (28,974 Views)

★ Guide
@nxsvt You can make the dead zone less sensitive yourself in settings. I always have my dead zones as low as possible anyway which wouldn’t help, but you can increase it if you want. But also it could be the aim style you have selected. Any time I don’t have the style set to “steady”, it drifts too.
Message 3 of 17 (28,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@nxsvt 

For left stick drift

Settings>Controller>Movement Deadzone>Large

@PandasavageTV 

For right stick drift you can try:

Settings>Controller>Response Curve Steady

Look Deadzone None or Small

( If you choose response curve>steady then look deadzone>none is recommended but if you still encounter too much right stick drift then try look deadzone>small )

Message 4 of 17 (28,913 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I tried searching for the problem that Im having, and cant find a solution,

I tried posting  a new topic but it got flagged as spam, and wont let me post new articles anymore

Im experiencing a bug that is making the game unplayable, and since my problem is movement related and this thread is solved,

I hope no one minds if I hijack this thread,

Orignal Post Below

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Baselkwt
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane/Loba/Banglore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Kings canyon, not sure about worlds edge
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Moving
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Season 5 every single match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Season 5 every single match
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Character moves forward indefinitely with left stick released
What should be happening instead? Character stops when left stick is released
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move forward for a few seconds or a slight tap on the left stick in the forward direction

Almost every time I move forward my character continues to move forward indefinitely after I release the left stick, I have to move the left stick backwards/down to make my character stop.

happens almost every time I move forwards (maybe 75% of the time), doesn’t matter if a move forwards for a split second or for an extended period

doesnt happen in the lobby, doesn’t happen in any other game or PS4 menu, it only happens in an apex match Duos/Trios/Ranked same behavior 

it started with season 5 as far as I can tell

i tried and restarting the ps4

i tried changing controllers

i tried changing controller movement deadzone to large

i tried changing controller reaponse to steady

the only accessory plugged into the PS4 is a PS4 camera using it as a microphone

Message 5 of 17 (28,819 Views)

★★ Novice

SOLVED: the season 5 update turned Auto- Sprint on.

turning auto sprint off fixed it.

Message 6 of 17 (28,751 Views)

★★ Novice
@nxsvt Same problem-
Even with dead zones all the way up-
It’s rediculous.
Brand new controller too
Message 7 of 17 (28,066 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@tripleAeye
Send it back to Microsoft. I bought the new Xbox Series controller, i tested it and i don't have drift even with >none< look deadzone for the right stick.
Response Curve: Classic
Left stick is good too, no problem.

This might change after few months but i play with advanced settings so i can adjust the deadzone.
Message 8 of 17 (27,908 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue it just started happening a week ago. I have the series x with new controller and apex is the only game that does this. It's not your controller it's the game hopefully they can address this and get a fix in quick.

Message 9 of 17 (27,821 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've gone through at least 5 ps4 controllers, it's definitely the game, not the controllers. Imagine: EA Flagship game has issues all the time with no solution. XD

Message 10 of 17 (26,949 Views)