★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? poopypantsmcgee
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Steam VR
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Fleet Battles
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. I was doing fleet battles: 1 - Played a few matches (i had just updated my video settings too..not sure if that matters) 2 - Tried to join a match but got bumped back to the main menu right when I should have gotten into the match. It gave me some sort of error like my client was out of date. I notice an update was pushed out right when this happened so that is probably what happened. This happened every time i tried to join a match. 3 - Restarted Squadrons 4 - Did a fleet battles match with no issues 5 - I got a leaver penalty from out of nowhere....
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. I guess the main menu? The issue is i got a leaver penalty even though i didn't leave any matches, nor was i given the option to rejoin a match. I assume it thinks i left one of the matches that i got booted from due to the outdated client but then didn't give me the option to join after i restarted squadrons.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) around 7-8 PM EST 6/10/2021
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Just a minor concern
What happens when the bug occurs? I just got a random leaver penalty.
What do you expect to see? No leaver penalty lol.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." none
What components were you using? none
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

Not a huge issue, but I was joining a fleet battle match and i got an error that my client was out of date or something like that.  I tried joining another match but i got the same error again so i just quit and restarted.  Then i flew a regular fleet battle.  Then after that match I noticed i had a leaver penalty despite never leaving any matches.

I assume it thinks i left one of the matches that booted me due to having an old client.  It never gave me the option to rejoin a match like it normally does if the game crashes or something (that hasn't happened to me in a while though)

It looks like this happened around the time a patch was pushed out (7:30 or so EST 6/10/2021) so I assume it was related to that.

This is more of an FYI...I don't really care about the leaver penalty but I can see how something like that would * people off.

Message 1 of 3 (672 Views)

Re: Leaver Penalty after Client error

★ Novice

Same thing except this happened when trying to get into dogfight.  When transitioning from the main menu to the select ship menu the splash screen displays then takes you back to the main menu.  This happened 3 times then gave a leaver penalty. 

Message 2 of 3 (600 Views)

Re: Leaver Penalty after Client error

★★★★ Novice

Happens randomly to me too on the Xbox One (Error 573). Should be fixed, especially when you get leaver penalties!!

Message 3 of 3 (573 Views)