Re: Latency, rubberbanding and graphichs bugs after latest patch.

by 250588

Original Post

Latency, rubberbanding and graphichs bugs after latest patch.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.04-2019
Summarize your bug Latency, rubberbanding and graphichs bugs after latest patch. New hot-"fix"? I have had major lag and rubberbanding problems in BFV multiplayer these days, since the latest patch, i have checket my internet connection and i got a pretty stable 30/30 upload download connection with NAT type 2...
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play BFV multiplayer
What happens when the bug occurs? as stated above
What should be happening instead? no bugs

Latency, rubberbanding and graphichs bugs after latest patch. New hot-"fix"?

I have had major lag and rubberbanding problems in BFV multiplayer these days, since the latest patch, i have checket my internet connection and i got a pretty stable 30/30 upload download connection with NAT type 2...57038312_2296290747059686_253766905733578752_o.jpg

Message 1 of 8 (616 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @250588 

Can you confirm this is still happening after the steps below? Are you on a wired or WiFi connection?

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have restarted my router a couple of times, with no effect...

Message 3 of 8 (590 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ohh, and my connection are wifi

Message 4 of 8 (588 Views)

Community Manager

@250588 

Is there any way you can switch to a different WiFi channel or try going wired just to test and see if you notice any difference in connectivity strength?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 8 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Been there, done that hehe, i have been messing with my router settings all day to try to fix the problem... the latency issue is still there unfortunately, i have seen other players with weirdly high latency on some of the German servers... i do not know what separates us unfortunate ones, from those with a stable connection... well, and i cant repair tanks and other vehicles from the inside any longer for some reason... i have even tried to reinstall the game... i tried an American server as an experiment, and of course my latency went through the roof, yet it still were more stable then the EU servers...
Message 6 of 8 (574 Views)

Community Manager

Do you have QoS in your router's admin settings? If you log into your router you can designate more bandwidth to gaming or try disabling it completely. Does your router need a firmware update? We've seen that fix connectivity issues in the past.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 8 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same, since last update. Latency was around 30, now flits between 30 and 400. The worst peak was 2195. Soldiers jump positions, my characters rubber-bands.
Happens on conquest, operations and breakthrough.
No pattern in the maps.
No changes in internet usage.
PS4 Pro, Europe.

I’ve restarted the router and also switched router, same issue. I’m on a wired connection.

Message 8 of 8 (531 Views)