by OpheliaNygmos

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Last Exception Files

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all EPs, GPs and SPs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a sim throw a party.
What happens when the bug occurs? The active sims throw a party but as soon as the guests arrive, the game generates a last exception file. At one point it was 20-30 errors in one minute. In game, multitasking doesn't seem to work. e.g they don't talk and dance. The sims only interact with one at a time. It's not a visible bug per se and I only know because I was being informed by MC Command Center.
What do you expect to see? Sims interacting with each as per usual at a party. dancing, drinking, eating at the same time and no errors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed patch 1.36.99.1020 but didn't experience the issue until after I installed Cats and Dogs.

I have attached the Last Exception file. It was generated in a completely vanilla game. No mods or CC. I initially assumed it was a CC error, so I removed all custom content and it still occurred. It has also occurred in several separate households.

Ella

Message 5 of 67 (7,017 Views)

Getting exception

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CandD, Get together, get to work, city living, parenthood, spa day, outdoor, vampires..movie hang out, kids room, backyard, cool kitchen, luxury, bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? social event with music playing or multi tasking/interaction
What happens when the bug occurs? Last exception file
What do you expect to see? ....
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

some text

Message 1 of 67 (6,978 Views)

Re: Compiled List

Hero

@rmj9929

I don't really know what your issue is from your report ? Is it  text issue ? If so, please provide a picture, if not, please open your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 67 (6,974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm confused as to making my own thread, sorry about that. It is an Exception error..

Message 3 of 67 (6,958 Views)

Hero

Hi @rmj9929

I split your thread.

What's the error your getting ? Could you attach the file ? Your report is a bit inconclusive to what the issue is

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 67 (6,951 Views)

Re: Last Exception Files - Generating during parties.

Hero

What do they do at the party ? Just stand around ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 67 (6,961 Views)

Re: Last Exception Files - Generating during parties.

Hero

Merged these two threads as they are potentially the same @OpheliaNygmos @rmj9929

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 67 (6,936 Views)

An unknown last exception error

★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cats & Dogs; Toddlers
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Need to have MCC installed to generate a Last exception file.
What happens when the bug occurs? A last exception error pops up.
What do you expect to see? Nothing unusual happens, at least most of the time, this message just pops up to indicate an error
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Without MCC installed, the error does not show, however, it probably still occurs. It seems to happen whenever I am at one of the Art center lots in San Myshuno, both at the Art center or at one of the apartment buildings. Not sure exactly which object is causing the problem. (Clay or work bench perhaps?) Not getting any other errors. This was tested without any other mods or CC. Game updated to 1.36.104.1020, MCC Version 3.9.6.

Message 8 of 67 (6,907 Views)

Re: An unknown last exception error

Hero

What was the error you saw in the game itself ? What symptoms are you seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 67 (6,901 Views)

Re: An unknown last exception error

Community Manager (retired)

I super appreciate the LastException files, but in general these aren't too useful for me unless you have manual reproduction steps that cause the exceptions to occur. Also extremely useful to me is knowing what the exception is causing to happen in-game. Often, python exceptions cause the Sims involved to "reset", but if something worse is happening, that's definitely something I'd want to know. Thanks so much for the help! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 67 (6,887 Views)