Re: Laggy High School

by Shae_Coulee

Original Post

Laggy High School

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? -Laggy pause, fast forward, rewind, and unpause -Laggy action menu pop up -Objects not even highlighted to showcase it is an object that can interacted with
What do you expect to see? The opposite of all of that
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed High School pack

When I send my sim to high school, I cannot pause and if I do pause, it takes FOREVER to unpause, and fast forward and rewind. Not only that, but when I click on an object, the prompt menu takes forever to open (for example, I clicked a shower and not only did I not see the shower highlight like it does to show that you can choose actions, the actions menu took forever to pop up). The whole high school experience has been laggy. Even interacting with sims the action menu lags to open. I have tried repairing my game and I have no mods or cc installed since I uninstalled them when I installed the new pack.

Message 1 of 5 (2,281 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have the same exact problem. My game lags every time my teen sims go to high school and it takes them forever to do anything. Everything stops - the event timer, the students, the teachers - they just stand around looking at each other before the simulation finally kicks in and they start moving. This occurs as soon as my sim enters the high school lot. It also happens whether I have mods/cc in my folder or not.

If you find a solution to this issue, pls let me know. Thanks!

Message 2 of 5 (2,237 Views)

EA Staff
@Shae_Coulee

Hello!

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Please don't forget to hit me too on the first post in the thread.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (2,225 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SimGuruRitzy Done, ty!
Message 4 of 5 (2,182 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,838 Views)