Lag when playing at Night

by sgtperry

Original Post

Lag when playing at Night

★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S7
OS Version 8.0.0
What is your Player ID? Sgtperry
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug When attempting to play at night usually every 2nd to 3rd match i will get extreme lag and will result in a loss as the opposing player does not seem to have the issue, when playing during daytime, it is very rare to get lag.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play at night i guess?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

just like it says in the info above, i play late into the night sometimes and get extreme lag, i have 5 bars on my wifi signal at all times.

Message 1 of 5 (474 Views)

Re: Lag when playing at Night

★★★ Newbie

same here. i play on a samsung J3 emerge

Message 2 of 5 (450 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the reports @sgtperry and @zippyslushies. Can you provide a few more details on this? 

Can you describe what exactly is happening? Do your units take a few seconds to respond before going where you direct them? Does the game "freeze" for a few seconds, then move quickly to "catch up" to the live action? Is something else happening? Does the lag occur just on WiFi or does it happen on mobile data also?

Be sure you have a strong stable connection when playing and ideally keep background apps to a minimum which should reduce network interference. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5 (434 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe it is the game freezing and has to catch up for me as from what i can see the opposing units freeze as well, when this lag occurs im at home playing at night and am only on wifi, when i play during the day on wifi and mobile i do not see this issue. All background apps are closed when i play.

Message 4 of 5 (421 Views)

★★★ Novice

wanted to add more info that since the latest update, it seems to have gotten worse for connections, at all times now i randomly get the poor connection warning, even when sitting right next to the wifi modem in my room, with 5 bars of connection on my phone.

Message 5 of 5 (373 Views)