by BlackMeduza

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lag after talking photos and exiting Build mode

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Wersja 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: The Sims 4: Get to Work (2014) The Sims 4: Get Together (2015) The Sims 4: City Living (2016) The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs (2017) The Sims 4: Seasons (2018) The Sims 4: Get Famous (2018) The Sims 4: Island Living (2019) The Sims 4: Discover University (2019) The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle (2020) The Sims 4: Snowy Escape (2020) The Sims 4: Cottage Living (2021) Game packs: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat (2015) The Sims 4: Spa Day (2015) The Sims 4: Dine Out (2016) The Sims 4: Vampires (2017) The Sims 4: Parenthood (2017) The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure (2018) The Sims 4: StrangerVille (2019) The Sims 4: Realm of Magic (2019) The Sims 4: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu (2020) The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator (2021) Stuff packs: The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack (2014, free) The Sims 4: Luxury Party (2015) The Sims 4: Perfect Patio (2015) The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen (2015) The Sims 4: Spooky (2015) The Sims 4: Movie Hangout (2016) The Sims 4: Romantic Garden (2016) The Sims 4: Kids Room (2016) The Sims 4: Backyard (2016) The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour (2016) The Sims 4: Bowling Night (2017) The Sims 4: Fitness (2017) The Sims 4: Toddler (2017) The Sims 4: Laundry Day (2018) The Sims 4: My First Pet (2018) The Sims 4: Moschino (2019) The Sims 4: Tiny Living (2020) The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting (2020) The Sims 4: Paranormal (2021)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter and exit build mode, take photos (in-game - Sim). Trying to get rid of the ghost.
What happens when the bug occurs? After taking photos or performing activities in build mode, the game starts to lag. It isn't possible to send the ghost back to the afterlife on the tombstone.
What do you expect to see? Normal transition from Build Mode/taking photos to game/playing. The return of the option to get rid of the ghost.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

These bugs - especially with build mode, appeared regardless of mods. Previously, I had no mods and it also happened.

Message 1 of 3 (698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lag after talking photos and exiting Build mode

Hero

@BlackMeduza 

On the lag after photos and going to either build or CAS, that is normal.  But you can hurry the process along by hitting the ESC key on a PC or Mac to open the Gameplay Options menu.  Or you can open the Gameplay Options menu directly.  You can also do it when you enter build or CAS as well and it will restore FPS there.  Either way quickly restores FPS I have found.

On the ghost not being able to be sent to the Netherworld.  Is the option missing on the urn/tombstone or is the option there but the ghost doesn't go when you click it?

FYI, in the future, please start separate reports for different issues.  

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (688 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@BlackMeduza 

On the lag after photos and going to either build or CAS, that is normal.  But you can hurry the process along by hitting the ESC key on a PC or Mac to open the Gameplay Options menu.  Or you can open the Gameplay Options menu directly.  You can also do it when you enter build or CAS as well and it will restore FPS there.  Either way quickly restores FPS I have found.

On the ghost not being able to be sent to the Netherworld.  Is the option missing on the urn/tombstone or is the option there but the ghost doesn't go when you click it?

FYI, in the future, please start separate reports for different issues.  

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BlackMeduza Both lag issues have their own thread already

Please use this threads

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-MAC-Massive-Lag-when-entering-and-exiting/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Game-lags-freezes-crashes-after-Sims-take-a-photo/...

Please create a separate thread for the ghost issue. Make sure to try fresh save with no mods before reporting to make sure it's not mod related at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (641 Views)