Lack of penalty calls in NHL 22 franchise

by jcs8486

Original Post

Lack of penalty calls in NHL 22 franchise

★★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 22
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play offline franchise
What happens when the bug occurs? Cpu and cpu teammate penalty frequency is very very low and when there is a penalty called it is mostly interference. Sliders seem to not affect penalty calls on both teams.
What do you expect to see? Variety of penalty calls for user and cpu.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 5:00pm
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Jasnic616
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Penalty sliders do not seem to work. Have only seen a few penalties and they have mostly been interference in franchise gameplay. 

Message 1 of 16 (3,769 Views)

Re: Lack of penalty calls in NHL 22 franchise

★★ Guide

Yep, I play season mode but..same there too INTERFERENCE is the only penalty…have not seen any other call… 

Message 2 of 16 (3,641 Views)

AI takes too few penalty's

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 22
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play be a pro on simulation settings
What happens when the bug occurs? AI takes too few penalty's. Changing sliders doesn't change anything. Even on 4/4 and 100/100 I get 2/4 penalty's a game.
What do you expect to see? More penalty's so it matches real life
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be a pro
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Anytime
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? D1935EG
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Message 3 of 16 (3,602 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
My guess is everything is tuned way down to see how it goes, because even in online vs they aren’t many penalties. 21 was a joke with tripping so it’s not the worse at the moment, but they def need to be bumped up.
Message 4 of 16 (3,615 Views)

CPU not taking penalties in Offline Modes?

★★★ Guide

Putting this in "technical issues" rather than gameplay as it seems to be a new issue that wasn't prevalent in 21. PS5 btw.

In offline modes on PS5, even with maxed penalty sliders, I'm really not seeing the CPU take stick penalties.

Occasional holding and interference but absolutely nothing stick related in about ten 7 minute period games from Pro to All - Star. The CPU seems reluctant to poke check at the best of the times so I've not seen a tripping or a hook, slash or high stick even with aggressiveness turned up and penalty frequency and calls maxed.

Other forums are reporting the same as users try to find a slider set and this wasn't a problem last year, so does seem like a legitimate issue. Maxing penalty sliders should make it a goonfest.

Any ideas guys? Has anyone stumbled on a magic slider number?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 16 (3,557 Views)

Re: AI takes too few penalty's

★★★ Newbie

So tired of EA putting out unfinished games. They are literally encouraging me to purchase the older version, because at least its finished. How do you take steps backward on “next gen” games (playing Ps5 version which I suspect feels oddly similar to ps4 version)?  I will take the tripping nonsense over zero penalties with sliders at 100. 

Message 6 of 16 (3,481 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jcs8486 Same issue, I have the computer's penalties to 60 right now and they take about 0 A game when I play against them. Is funny enough, the only penalty they took the last game I played was a goalie interference where Brady Kachuck softly touch my goalie and then they scored and there was an instant Penalty. But I find once the computer touches your player you automatically lose the Puck so they don't really need to lift your stick. they just softly touch you and grab the Puck
Message 7 of 16 (3,452 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah dude, I've seen one tripping penalty thanks to a blocked shot and that's it. With sliders at 100. Stick pens are broken in ALL offline modes on PS5.

Need to keep the pressure up. It's killing offline for me. That also plays choppy at sim speed. Can we get NHL gameplay back in the game please?

Message 8 of 16 (3,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Rigu7Tripping with a stick, high sticking and cross checks are the penalties I never see the AI do (I've don't even know how to cross check in the game) I've had one trip also because the AI was blocking a shot

Message 9 of 16 (3,414 Views)

★★★ Guide

Bump.

Message 10 of 16 (2,927 Views)