AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1070 Mobile
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Australia
On which server did this happen? Irrelevant
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19/11/18 12:00PM
Summarize your bug No damage points using AA on bombers
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spawn in on a AA tank, shoot at a bomber and note the lack of points show - you do get hit markers but they don't show any damage done.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hit markers show but no damage or damage points given until bomber is destroyed - you get a destroy bonus points and kill points if you killed any of the occupants.
What should be happening instead? Hitmarkers with points for damage done for each hit.

I think the same thing occurs when shooting bombers with regular guns as infantry - assuming guns like the Lewis gun damage them.  I just assumed that hitting bombers with regular LMGs and the likes didn't actually do any damage to bombers so it never occurred to me that it maybe a glitch to not be showing damage done.

Message 1 of 4 (342 Views)

Re: Lack of damage points for hitting bombers

★★★ Novice

I've experienced this issue in a similar way when attacking bombers in a plane: I get hit markers but no points. I haven't found a reproducable pattern as I'm not 100% sure if this issue occures everytime in plane when attacking bombers (maybe it's a specific bomber model but I'm just guessing).

Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bombers are armored, unless you're using the Flak 38 or heavy upgrades on aircraft, a lot of bullets will do <1% damage which as far as I am aware do not award points.

Message 3 of 4 (315 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MiasmaGrowlmon wrote:

Bombers are armored, unless you're using the Flak 38 or heavy upgrades on aircraft, a lot of bullets will do <1% damage which as far as I am aware do not award points.

But if I was doing little to no damage then why do I get kills on the bombers without any other AA or fighter support?  Most of the maps have enough air space that AA tanks cannot constantly shoot at planes and they have enough time to fly away before they take too much damage (unless you are a fighter and the AA tank has full LoS of your attack run).  

I have worked out that it was the Axis AA tank that was the one that was getting no points for damage when I was using the default cannon type/shells (the quad machine gun one).  This does raise the issue that if the default AA tank on Axis (and certain fighter planes) cannot actually shoot down bombers (or requires 100+ hits) then the bombers are a bit too armored and the quad AA gun needs a buff against them. 

Message 4 of 4 (301 Views)