by dxpsman

Original Post

Re: Lack of Trade Bar

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barrygive us an update

Message 61 of 83 (5,102 Views)

★★ Novice
This is such a slap in the face. Do they not understand that it broke franchise mode? I can’t make any trades. I’m in the off-season and I’ve been waiting a week for this to be fixed so I could play. If I were mid season I would take my time and play through while they fix it. But I’m stuck in the offseason. It’s the weekend, again, and I can’t play my game. This a huge fail. A couple days would’ve been rough, but over a week?! Come on EA. Fix this!
Message 62 of 83 (5,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is nothing short of theft by altering the product after purchase. Its been over a week and they are just making up excuses while still promoting MUT and other garbage, instead of fixing the issue at hand. No one would be upset if they updated us and did so in a reasonable fashion. But they are pretending they aren't reading these comments and focusing on more ways to deplete CFM and make Madden a pay slot machine. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for years, but their lack of concern for me as a customer, their [Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 63 of 83 (5,004 Views)

★ Apprentice
Lol, that should go well.
Message 64 of 83 (4,834 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is almost game breaking. I could live with having no bar, but kicking me out of the trade so that i have to select everything again is a massive pain. It saps almost all of the joy out of trading because it is such a bloody faff
Message 65 of 83 (4,685 Views)

★★ Novice
That’s exactly how I feel.
Message 66 of 83 (4,617 Views)

★ Guide

It's been a week, and the problem seems universal.  Exactly what needs investigating?

Message 67 of 83 (4,575 Views)

★★ Novice

Update pertinent to this thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/204994/franchise-update-on-trade-meter

Also while I'm not saying this couldn't have been dealt with much better, software patches to fix something don't just get rolled out right away because every patch could break something new. Even if you think you have the fix for the trade bar it needs to go through some validation time (typically days) to make sure it doesn't break something new (and potentially bigger) and anger a whole new set of people. And with a change as big as a monthly update they aren't going to roll it back for something as small as the trade bar not working (though I agree it has been a pain in the *, and it happened right before the trade deadline in my CFM!!!).

Again, not saying this couldn't have been dealt with much much better (primarily in communicating status) but lets not have unrealistic expectations here demanding an immediate fix.

Message 68 of 83 (4,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Good looking out with the link!

I agree completely. I've been stuck on week 8 in my solo CFM, so the game has been rendered unplayable since the last patch. Quite frustrating indeed, but it's good to note that a fix like this won't happen immediately and patches have to be approved through MS/Sony anyway.

EA has the tendency to bite off more than it can chew, but in all honesty, it also has some of the hardest working support teams to iron out bugs. I'm not saying I'm thrilled that we're still patching a game 6 months after release, but I'm stoked that EA hasn't shifted gears to next year's offering and washed its hands of '18. I think the community is forgetting that this year's Madden is a completely new engine. I'm honestly surprised that the game runs as well as it does.
Message 69 of 83 (4,384 Views)

Re: No trade interest bar

★★★ Newbie
What is the fix or when is EA going to fix?
Message 70 of 83 (4,161 Views)