[FIXED] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

by Ardnaxela56

Original Post

Re: keep cooking bug

★ Guide
@lady8jane Mine don't start cooking something else. Mine cook *one* proper nice meal, then leave it abandoned on the counter while they grab a snack.
Message 71 of 352 (3,120 Views)

Sim keeps cooking

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34.138.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Get to work, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Tiny Living, and My first pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by playing normally Note: I only have one save so I'm not for sure if this is a reoccurring issue or unique to my save.
What happens when the bug occurs? My household has only 2 sims one I control the other I let them do their own thing, the sim that is doing their own thing will cook when they get hungry as they should but the issue is after they are done cooking they set the plate down then  cook something else this repeats until either they start to starve enough to make them grab a quick meal from the fridge or I intervene and force them to eat what they cook.
What do you expect to see? Them to cook the food then eat what they cook.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 72 of 352 (3,111 Views)

Re: Sim keeps cooking

Hero (Retired)
@Zombiekiller5842 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 73 of 352 (3,106 Views)

Re: Sim keeps cooking

★★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper wrote:
@Zombiekiller5842I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Thanks knowing that others are experiencing this at least gives me hope. I looked this up and couldn't find anything on it so I was beginning  worry that it was unique to my save and I would have to start over in order to fix it. 

Message 74 of 352 (3,098 Views)

★★ Guide

@IngeJones Yeah, they either start cooking something else or they grab a snack or they do something else entirely and then later start cooking again. I end up with a lot of not or half eaten plates in my house at the moment. The toddlers like it, but I as a player am pretty annoyed.

Message 75 of 352 (3,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

As a new player of Sims 4, I am experiencing this as well. It only started AFTER I bought Sims 4 Discover University. I was still playing my starter family and had a child age into a teen. I bought the expansion in anticipation of going to college but had not played Discover University yet nor visited. This was with no mods at the time. I bought Sims 4 base game on 11/8/2020 and Discover University on a later date.

Also, public picnic tables and the ground around the public grills are loaded with food NPSs/townies are making.

Message 76 of 352 (3,047 Views)

★ Apprentice

I like to say the game is more or less unplayable with sims going to make food as soon as they are a just a bit little hungry (yellow bar) All the food making is driving me crazy. 

Only fun for me is building. But I can't contunie on any game play I planned when my little family of 4 leaves food all over the small house.

Message 77 of 352 (2,966 Views)

cooking/eating/food/counters are bugged

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except MFPS and Snowy esape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, beta test. yourself.
What happens when the bug occurs? sims don't eat cooked food.
What do you expect to see? sims eating cooced food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it started after the november patches for snowy escape

This is a bunch of connected issues/bugs.

hungry sims who start cooking autonomiusly don't eat the food. still hungry.
hungry sims don't eat prepared food standing on counters or tables by themselfes (A.I.).
hungry sims never eat leftovers. always prepare new food (and/or then don't eat it), then only eat fastfood.

sims start cooking, then putting fresh made food directly in the fridge, still hungry, because they don't eat leftovers
sims start cooking (f.e. cutting vegies) but can't continue (f.e. to put vegies in the bowl on the same counter) because of routing issues(?) (i checked the counter, i found no issues because of f.e. moveobjects intersecting or something.)

ah yes, and they still don't eat at the table. standing up and eat somewhere else. so this fix is a hoax.

Message 78 of 352 (2,881 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

★ Apprentice
@Ardnaxela56 I'm having this problem too. I have a save file that has mods and a save file that doesn't but it happens it both.
Message 79 of 352 (2,839 Views)

When my sim is hungry, they won't stop making food!

★★★ Novice

Hi all! Basically the bug I'm having since the last major update with snowy escape has to do with cooking and eating. I have full autonomy on for my sims. When they're hungry, they'll go to the fridge/grill to make a meal. When they're finished, they instantly go to the fridge/grill again to make a second meal. And then a third, and a fourth. This cycle ends once they grab a quick meal from the fridge, which obviously isn't ideal as they'll get an unbalanced meals moodlet and they're wasting simoleons and time! All my sims are doing this! Help!!

Message 80 of 352 (2,823 Views)