Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous food preparation

by stjmk

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I quit the game because of this bug and won't be returning any time soon as long as this bug is still a thing.

Message 321 of 352 (1,425 Views)

★★ Guide

It’s almost impossible in a house of 8 to keep them under control. I’m honestly debating turning autonomy off completely until this is fixed which is very frustrating because it means having to constantly micro manage everything 

Message 322 of 352 (1,293 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually got them to stop in my game, with some modifications. I had the same problem. Cook, finish, cook again, finish again, cook, eat. What I did was hijack a buff in the game (no idea what it's for but it's underused) called "recently prepared food". Altered the looting so it was always received. Then went in to each autonomous cooking option on the fridge, and added it to the loot list. Then I added the buff under blacklisted items, so if a sim has it, they can't do that interaction. So what happens for example is, they autonomously choose to cook a single meal, immediately get the recently prepared food buff before they even finish, so when they are done cooking, they can't do it again for an hour. Instead they now grab the food they just made.

I think the problem is, something in the game has changed and they are making their decision on what to do next BEFORE they are done cooking. Maybe autonomy speed was tweaked? Because if you watch closely, they decide to cook again (or grab a snack) too early while they are still cooking and the cooking they are doing is still in the queue. And they choose to cook because they are still hungry and technically there is still no food to choose to eat because they haven't finished making it yet. What may be eventually interrupting the chain is eventually having to move a bit more before putting the food down (because of all the filled counter space), and maybe it gives them time to think. Or it's a meal type that they manage to finish making quicker.

Just a side note, a bunch of my sims (who aren't from Sulani) have a buff called "buff_islandculture_extrafood_completeobjective". No idea what it is, but it sounds like the sort of thing that could cause sims to cook.

Message 323 of 352 (1,241 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal inste

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

...AND you have another problem in the game that may or may not be related to the constant cooking. But for sure it IS causing problems with random guests. There is something called " situation_family_meal" that I have no idea how it is is triggered, but it seems to be mostly in family homes with kids. When it is running, food or not, neighborhood sims come waltzing right into your house. Mostly because there is a situation job coded in it called " 33909<!--job_guest_eater_family_meal-->" that if you look up, looks like it spawns a sim (<E>Spawn_VisitorArrival</E>) just to fill the job. No one invited, nothing. Mom cooks a family meal, and neighbors come running. I've had eight sims walk into my house at once uninvited, and they all had that situation_fanily_meal as to what they were up to. Who dreams this stuff up? I turned off the autonomy on the family meal, and the guests stopped.

As to why it may be causing cooking, there are three other jobs attached to it:
    <T n="chef_cooking_role_state">33911<!--role_family_dinner_chef_cook--></T>
    <T n="chef_eating_role_state">33918<!--role_family_dinner_eat--></T>
    <T n="situation_job">33907<!--job_chef_family_meal--></T>

Again, no idea what triggers it, probably meant to make parent cook meals for the whole family, but poorly done. The guests should at least be already invited like in most call to meal situations.

Message 324 of 352 (1,086 Views)

★★ Pro
@CapitanTony You might want to create a separate bug report for the Family Meal one as it might be one of the cases causing uninvited Sims in the house.
Message 325 of 352 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did just attach a new post about the family meal to a thread talking about uninvited guests, so hopefully it will help over there.

Message 326 of 352 (1,008 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Happens in my game as well. At the time I had to script mods.

Message 327 of 352 (847 Views)

★★ Pro
@co3vungtau Well, at least it made the attenuated Laundry List. I'm hoping they really fix this one for good this time.
Message 328 of 352 (747 Views)

Re: [LL] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

★★ Novice

Well to me sims just freeze and stand still at one point. They just won't move on and usually the low need bar is hunger. It seems like they want to eat but don't go and cook.

Everything works fine back in March (I stop for playing a month) now I'm back to the latest version and this happens. Wonder if somehow has this problem too.

Message 329 of 352 (740 Views)

Re: [LL] Sims cook but don't autonomously eat/ cook more/ eat quick meal instead

★★ Pro
@Pistol_Peet88 That sounds like a different issue. More like simulation lag?

You might want to try repairing your game to see if that helps.
Message 330 of 352 (729 Views)