by SimsTime

Original Post

[LDSP] FPS drop in Sims animation when using Washer/Dryer

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Until Blooming Rooms
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test all possible interactions with the washer and dryer. You may notice that in many animations with these two objects, the Sims animation will be awkward, a little shaky at times, as if they had dropped frames.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims body is a little shaky when running some animations with the washer and dryer, as if there was a drop in frames specifically in the animations.
What do you expect to see? I hope the animations go back to normal, and run in the proper frames.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

First of all: it's not the game frames that drop, but the frames of the Sim's animation when using the washer or dryer.

It's been a while since I noticed this bug, since last year more precisely, but I've never reported this problem here because I thought it would eventually be fixed, which wasn't the case.

Basically, I've noticed that whenever Sims use the washer or dryer, whether it's to add additives, or put on/take off clothes, among other interactions, the Sims animation gets a little weird.

It's as if the Sims' bodies get a little shaky while performing the animation, as if there's a drop in frames in their animation interacting with the wacher machine or dryer.

It's not a hard bug to reproduce. Just take a Sim, and have them interact in several different ways with your washer or dryer. Put dirty clothes in the washing machine, then move the clothes to the dryer, add additives... test it.

You'll find that the animations of the Sims interacting with the washing machine or dryer are a little "shaky", as if there's a drop of frames in them.

-------------

I recorded this video from the game showing moments when the animation looks shaky.

In this video, the sim takes the clothes out of the washer, and as he is putting the clothes in the dryer, it is possible to see his body a little "shaky" as he bends over.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p6QuCJk06JCdb8-eYhOyY3jfARNmaDrq/view?usp=sharing

Anyway, it's possible to see more clearly the shaky animation in the game. I ask that you take a look as soon as possible.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title/text, added tag to title

Message 1 of 1 (290 Views)