Couple issues on Xbox

by savmoney666

Original Post

Sims won't climb configured stairs (11/2020)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All BUT Journey to Batuu and Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create configured stairs and try and have sis go to next floor
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't climb stairs that are configured
What do you expect to see? They won't climb stairs or go down them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims will climb non-configured stairs but won't climb configured stairs.

Message 231 of 500 (2,324 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★ Pro
@IngeJones Just another data point, but it's not the invisible "railing" at head of stairs either. Stairs onto veranda "rooms" with railings and ceilings don't phase Sims. In that case, there is no room above the stairs themselves for Sims to be confused about.
Message 232 of 500 (2,247 Views)

Did complete reinstall and yet the problem persists. The...

★★★★★ Novice

Did complete reinstall and yet the problem persists. The game is unplayable since the last update!

Message 233 of 500 (2,185 Views)

Re: Did complete reinstall and yet the problem persists. The...

★★ Pro
@ayan4u2 The problem isn't at the install level. It seems that the platform stuff messed up any stairs with a stairwell "room" above from which floor had been removed. The workaround is essentially to go to build mode and change stairwell so that it is not a "room" from the game's point of view. It's a nuisance, to be sure.
Message 234 of 500 (2,167 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well that's a huge mess then, hope the developers fix this asap!

Message 235 of 500 (2,160 Views)

★★ Novice

I am hoping as well, this has ruined a great build for me! The only way to cure it is to remove an outside wall .......

Message 236 of 500 (2,147 Views)

★★ Pro
@danoskat I'm not holding my breath. But there has to be a better way than removing an outside wall! (Your builds are probably way more complicated than mine, though.)
Message 237 of 500 (2,140 Views)

Couple issues on Xbox

★★★ Novice

I updated my game whenever the latest November update happened. I am playing right now and my sims will not go up or down stairs. There is absolutely nothing in the way. Along with this, my front door is not considered the front door. I’m not sure why this is. It’s the closest door to the street. 

Message 238 of 500 (2,125 Views)

Re: Couple issues on Xbox

Hero (Retired)

@savmoney666 I've merged your post into the bug report for the stair routing issues. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

You can set any door as the front door simply by clicking on the door and selecting "Set as Front Door."

Message 239 of 500 (2,089 Views)

Sims can't use the stairs since update?

★ Apprentice

Could'nt find a new topic with this issue...

My sims can't go up the stairs... Frown

I first noted the issue on Dec 3rd 2020.

I use PC, Origin. Good gaming computer, so that should'nt be an issue...

Game updated, no mods or CC.

Most recent changes are - installed "my first pet stuff" and updated the game on December 2nd.

At first I had a platform with 2 staircases leading up to the second floor. When that didn't work, I removed platforms and just used a regular base game staircase. There is extra space to move around on the 1st and second floor, so I just don't get why sims won't go upp the stairs..?? BUT - a cat could go up the stairs!

Any suggestions?

Message 240 of 500 (2,082 Views)