[FIXED] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

by TullaDoVenen

Original Post

Re: Sim Profile Not Opening

Hero
@hsltoops Profiles are currently a bit (understatement) broken.
Is this after you asked a person about likes/dislikes ?

Are you getting any LastUIException files in your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 126 (1,369 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict No this did not happen after asking about likes/dislikes. It just occurred after simply viewing a sim's profile.

And yes. I have two LastUIException files in my doc folder.
Message 52 of 126 (1,345 Views)

Hero
@hsltoops Could you upload them ?

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 126 (1,334 Views)

★★ Novice

I had more than I expected. This is the first half.

Message 54 of 126 (1,739 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the second half.

Message 55 of 126 (1,738 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim Profile not opening after Learning (Dis)Likes/LUIE occurring

★ Apprentice

Having similar issues. I'm able to open a profile once, but it's mostly blank with a really long scroll bar as OP said. After that, nothing happens when I click to open profiles. I don't get any errors though when asking about favorite color, decor style, etc. I have been able to ask the new questions to all decorator gig household members as well as the welcome wagon. Only encountering NPCs since I have one sim in my household. No mods but I do have CAS cc. 

Message 56 of 126 (1,711 Views)

Hero
@hsltoops That looks the same as for the known issue.

I merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 126 (1,695 Views)

★ Pro

This glitch seems to be especially sensitive to households with roommates. I've been careful not to inquire about likes/dislikes or to converse about likes/dislikes in any way, but as soon as I check the Sim Profile of a roommate the feature stops working. Quitting the game and restarting seems to fix it. Perhaps roommates discuss these things amongst themselves. Standard smile

I'm going to do another test game and see what happens if I edit all the roommates to have no likes/dislikes as soon as they move in. The game seems to add a few random ones to NPC's, but I don't know if it will continue to do this after I've removed them. 

If I play in a regular household and never discuss likes/dislikes the Sim Profile seems to work fine. BUT, I haven't had time to do a lot of playing, so.... grain of salt.

Message 58 of 126 (1,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue :-( Hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Message 59 of 126 (1,471 Views)

★★ Novice

Excellent.... glad to know it's a definite bug.  I quit hammering my head against the wall now.  Please fix.

Message 60 of 126 (1,426 Views)