Re: NPCs keep entering my house uninvited and won't leave - 2021

by elysevilla

Original Post

★ Guide

I don't know how to respond without replying to someone lol but I also am having the same problem and I am on playstation.

There is no option to ask them to leave and they just stay there as of they live there. 

It's sad that this has been happening since June. 

Message 161 of 213 (6,902 Views)

★ Guide

I have a similar problem from Island Living, my sim lives in Sulani and random sims enter my house to get a glass of water from the sink, eat or sleep, I have read about it, but at least for me, it has not been solved, after so long ... it's just too frustrating.

Message 162 of 213 (6,856 Views)

Random Sims are going inside of my house.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, Vapires, Realm Of Magic, Spa Day, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Spooky Stuff, Fitness Stuff TinyLiving, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a while if all packs that I have. And one famous Sim in a household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random Sims are entering my house and using my computer, eat my food etc... I can't send them home. The interaction "Send home" doesn't appear.
What do you expect to see? Not entering my house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the patch before Snowy Escape (that with platforms and sentiments).

Please fix that it is VERY annoying.

Message 163 of 213 (6,761 Views)

Sulani NPC's entering home uninvited

★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Updated with the latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Parenthood, Kids Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day, My First Pet, and Fitness Stuff. I also don't have any of the new kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Yes.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sulani NPC's enter the home/rental home and don't leave. I used the private dwelling lot trait but it didn't help.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to have random NPC's enter my sim's home uninvited.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a question regarding Patch 1.58.63. They said it fixed the issue of Sulani residents entering sims homes uninvited and not leaving and using beds, showers, stoves, etc. as if they lived there. Did that patch only fix the issue on newly created games? I'm just curious because I'm using an old save file and haven't noticed any change to this issue.

Message 164 of 213 (6,725 Views)

Re: Sim comes in uninvited and won’t leave

★★★ Guide

The other day, I was having a random NPC walk into my house, uninvited. So I tried something out to see if the NPC acknowledges my house as a private lot. Here is what I did:

① Uninvited NPC (my Sim never met him before) enters house and drinks water from the sink. (IntruderBug01.jpg)

② I befriended him in order to see what interactions are available to me.

③ As suspected, the option "Send (him) home" is missing. (IntruderBug03.jpg)

④ I lured him outside the confines of my house.

⑤ Then I invited him back into my house, and now the option "Send home" is available. (IntruderBug05.jpg)

My theory is that NPCs (including the infamous Yamachan) often don't recognize private lots as they walk by and act as if they were still on public turf whilst crossing the boundary. You see NPCs in public spaces i.e. parks, bars and libraries doing all sorts of things like drinking water, using computers etc. and they do so once they recognize my house as also labeled "public". And I assume that is the reason why the option "Send home" doesn't show up (in general, you can't send someone home from a public lot). Only when they leave my house and come back, it is somehow registered correctly as "private". In case you were wondering, I have no public traits assigned to my lot.

Message 165 of 213 (6,661 Views)

Random sims walk into home to get water

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio, Luxury party and Journey to Batuu. No Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim live in 2-4-3 Wakabamori and random passer-bys will come in to get water
What happens when the bug occurs? A random sim walks by my sim's home in 2-4-3 Wakabamori. In stead of just walking by some of them walk straight in and go to my sink to get water. After getting a glass of water they leave, some rightaway with the glass, some after finishing the glass and some just put the glass on floor and leave.
What do you expect to see? Sims continuing with their walk without invading my home uninvited just to get water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is the only lot where I've been playing after last update so I can't really say if this is happening only on this lot or all or just some of them. There is a lot of sims walking by my house and some of them decide to go a detour and walk into my house just to get a glass of water. Nothing else. Just a one glass of water and then they leave either with or without the glass (this is also how I found out about the water drinking causing puddles bug).

I have removed all my CC and mods that I used long time ago and have done the cleaning process.

Sorry if there already is a thread regarding this but I didn't find any. I know there is an uninvited sims coming to your home thread but this seemed more specific so I made a new topic.

Message 166 of 213 (6,456 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Random Sim in apartment/house / Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.

★★★★★ Guide

This happened to me now after the march 23rd patch (1.72.28.1030 / Mac: 1.72.28.1230). I was playing the Caliente household and in the middle of the night a snowy escape sim (Kado Akiyama) walked into their house and started talking with them.

After some days it happened again and it was a snowy escape sim again. They don't seem to recognize the Caliente lot as private.

Message 167 of 213 (6,534 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Random Sim in apartment/house / Guest not leaving (Patch 1.63.

★★ Pro
@mh4515 You're lucky it wasn't Yamachan.

#stopyamachan
Message 168 of 213 (6,525 Views)

★ Guide

This also started up for me again after this patch. I don't have the send home option when this happens.

Message 169 of 213 (6,597 Views)

★★ Guide

I play on console ps4 and this happens all the time. The new send home function is there but the "visitors" seem to ignore it and if I select it again it says they are already leaving but proceed to stay in the house getting water, on laptops etc for hours. 

Message 170 of 213 (6,578 Views)