[OPEN] Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

by xobaybebritox

Original Post

Re: Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

★★ Novice
@xobaybebritox My circumstances are exactly the same as yours. This only started happening after I installed Cottage Living. I have never used Mods or Custom Content.

This issue is slowly eroding my pleasure of playing. It is annoying and it should not be happening.
Message 21 of 135 (2,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too! I too have no custom content in my game etc.

Most common object for me seems to be the fridge that prompts a long lag (about 20-30 seconds). Sims freeze, time freezes, and then it will go back to normal and the clock will go back to when the lag started.

Strangely enough, I did not experience this issue in the new Cottage Living world, Henford-on-Bagley. I played a household there for quite some time and saw other, less bothersome, glitches. But I never had this lag.

When I went to Evergreen Harbor to play an existing household with many Sims (with heavy inventories), the lag started and will not stop. It happens every time I click on the fridge and then seems to happen at random times throughout the day when Sims are starting new tasks. I have also noticed it sometimes happens before a notification will pop up.

The lag is consistently about 20-30 seconds. All Sims freeze, the clock freezes, and then after about 20-30 seconds the clock will go back to when the lag began and the Sims will resume/start their tasks.

Message 22 of 135 (2,155 Views)

Re: Sims 4: cannot cook, missing inventory, in-game clock faulty

★★★★★ Novice

omg, thank you for sharing that because I'm just glad I'm not alone (sighs of relief)!!! Devil I hope they can fix it soon!

Message 23 of 135 (2,107 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimKimLorraine agreed. It is 100% the fridge, often the stove. I noticed it with the addition to the Expansion and the 7/27 patch, however, I'm not seeing (or attempting) this in Bagley, in my normal home in an order world. Hoping it will be fixed soon.
Message 24 of 135 (2,106 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Possible Fix?

• What did I do?
    • OK so I went through my Personal Inventory and as able to clear out over 2,000-3,000 of fruits and herbs
    • I also removed my all of my gems, metals, and fossils into the Ornate Beauty storage trunk.
  • Result:
    • Reduced my lag from 45 second to 11 seconds (I used a timer)

Clearly this is effecting things, but not the problem because a 10 second lag is still not acceptable.

• Issue:
    • Either EA needs to fix whatever was changed in the new patch or expansion that messed with the personal inventory effecting the Fridge and Stove
    • If Inventory has a "limit" it should be listed, or we should not be able to use more storage than the limit
    • Wondering if the fact that canning was introduces to this game that is effecting this portion of the game?

Message 25 of 135 (2,082 Views)

Refrigerators pop-up action menu delay

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? HOME DECORATOR, COTTAGE LIVING
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click Refrigerators > lagging 3~5 seconds > pop-up action menu
What happens when the bug occurs? lagging 3~5 seconds
What do you expect to see? No lagging. Pop up action menu immediately
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. COTTAGE LIVING

NIL

Message 26 of 135 (2,066 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

★★ Guide

I get this constantly but it happens the most (and longest) when selecting the fridge or cooker. 

PS4 - All packs 

Message 27 of 135 (2,006 Views)

Sims 4 issues

★★★ Newbie

I have sims 4 on the Xbox one S digital version

I've been having some big issues with the game I noticed that my sim can't do basic task anymore for example

They cancel important task like eating and do other things, I have to click on the task nearly 4 times before they actually do it like they jest refuse to eat  .

I set them a certain task and they just stand there and do nothing cancelling and re clicking on the task doesn't even work they are just stuck there.

The game has been overall laggy it takes nearly 2 minutes to even try to travel or go to a place.

An example of one of my issues is when I wash a pet the game glitches and becomes a deformed slenderman.

The game has become very slow overall I can barely turn my camera because of how slow it is

I don't have any mods on the game that could mess up the game. 

Message 28 of 135 (2,047 Views)

Re: Sims 4 issues

★★★ Pro

@ToxicTears02 I've noticed something with the Sims 4 the more packs you have the more likely it runs like crap I had the same problem as you when I played on PS4.

Message 29 of 135 (2,017 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problems. The refrigerator and stove lag in the options menu popping up. Its so annoying that it makes me not want to play my game because of it. I wish EA would hurry up and fix this problem. Every update they cause more and more annoying issues!

Message 30 of 135 (1,912 Views)