[FIXED] Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories end up on floor

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories end up on floor

★★★★★ Novice

It appears to be triggered by changing clothes/removing clothes. It happens more often when I use 'take clothes off' for the energetic moodlet. That's not a hundred percent, either--happens without taking clothes off (aging up, for one case) and doesn't always happen when taking clothes off.

Message 11 of 31 (2,183 Views)

toddler duplicating inventory

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put produce into a toddler's inventory and reset the sim
What happens when the bug occurs? produce will fall out of the inventory and will duplicate. My toddler had 2 carrots in her inventory and she reset herself because she got stuck on something, on the floor there was at least 10 carrots around her
What do you expect to see? produce not duplicating or falling out of inventories
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put produce into a toddler's inventory and reset the sim
What happens when the bug occurs? produce will fall out of the inventory and will duplicate. My toddler had 2 carrots in her inventory and she reset herself because she got stuck on something, on the floor there was at least 10 carrots around her
What do you expect to see? produce not duplicating or falling out of inventories
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 12 of 31 (2,168 Views)

Re: toddler duplicating inventory

★★★★ Pro
Yes this happens since the introduction of toddlers. I think we have a thread about it.
Message 13 of 31 (2,162 Views)

Re: toddler duplicating inventory

Hero

HI @lissrupp 

merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Looks like any kind of change on the toddler triggers this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 31 (2,154 Views)

Re: Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories

Hero (Retired)

I started noticing this with toddlers in my game. I keep apples in my toddler inventory, and frequently have them eat an apple to give them a happy moodlet. There is always a stack of at least 2 apples in each toddler's inventory, but I have had as many as 6 stacked when this happens. If I queue to eat an apple, they will eat it and then go on to whatever else I queued. Sometime later I notice that there is an apple laying on the floor. 

This happens most often when I queue the eat apple interaction along with a few other interactions, and when I click on the stack to choose to "eat". It doesn't appear to happen as often if I open the stack and click on a particular apple in the stack. I started seeing it when I queued up interactions for a sleeping toddler - toddler is asleep, pause the game, queue to eat apple, go potty, run to dining room, play tablet game. Un-pause game, cancel sleep action, let it run through the queue. Apple on the floor next to the bed.

This began happening for me after the April 2019 patch, although I see that the issue was reported long before. It also seemed to start when I just clicked on the stack rather than choosing a particular vegetable in the stack, but that could just be coincidence of timing.

Message 15 of 31 (2,103 Views)

Hero (Retired)
This happens on PS4 as well. I thought it was Patchy for some reason. It stopped when the toddler aged up and I forgot about the produce all over the kids room.
Message 16 of 31 (2,092 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've found that this happens nearly 100% of the time when using testingcheats to shift click reset a toddler. The produce in their inventory stays in their inventory but a varying number of the same fruit/veggie/etc will appear on the ground. I've seen as little as 1-5 and as many as 25+ appear.

Message 17 of 31 (2,030 Views)

★★★ Guide

Platform: Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (97%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have fruit/veggie in inventory. 2. Choose give food from inventory... -in social actions and 3. Give food to toddler. 4. Toddler won't eat and puts the veggie on the ground.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler doesn't eat the object and it's on the floor. Sometimes stuck. Like you can't eat it or pick it up. It just _is_ on the floor somewhere. Can be moved randomly but otherwise on floor.
What do you expect to see? Toddler eating the desired object and have a Happy +1 moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? not sure
Please describe the patch or change you made: Last updated; June 18th 2019 update

Message 18 of 31 (2,010 Views)

Re: Eaten produce ends up in toddler's inventory after traveling

★ Apprentice

I thought I was going crazy when I kept seeing fresh produce from my toddler's inventory ending up all over the floor. My first thought was 'has this toddler just been chucking out the food I kindly gave it, is this a new naughty toddler thing?' Seems this is indeed a quirk.

Message 19 of 31 (2,003 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories

★★★★★ Novice

This happens with all grown produce for me, but they don't lose the hunger gained from eating it, and I can restock the inventory with the eaten fruits... frustrating though as my house now always has fruit on the floor!

Message 20 of 31 (1,980 Views)