Re: Toddlers - food duplicates in inventory and spreads on floor

by renlly

Original Post

Re: Eaten produce ends up in toddler's inventory after traveling

★★ Novice

I've been having this issue too. It happens whenever a Toddler resets. Every piece of fruit or vegetables that they've eaten explodes out of them onto the floor around them. I've attached a video of it, which should hopefully help you to recreate the issue.

I get the toddler to eat some peppers from her inventory.

I use the resetsim cheat to trigger a reset.

The peppers appear on the floor around the toddler.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 21 of 31 (1,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Happens to me a lot whenever a toddler resets as well, whether I do it or the game does. Sometimes seems to happen even when another sim resets, especially one that's interacting with the toddler at the time. Also, the number of harvestables in the toddler's inventory seems to be regularly restored whenever I load the game if the toddler had eaten some or all of them by the time I last saved and exited.

This specific problem only happens to toddlers, no other sims.

Message 22 of 31 (1,477 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fruits and vegetables in toddlers' inventories end up on floor

★★ Novice

I am having a very similar bug, where fruits and vegetables seem to be reproducing themselves in my sims inventories, I notice it is definitely happening with my toddler but may or may not also be going on with older sims. Whenever I load the household there is a bunch more produce in there. And a few times I have found produce on the floor, though not sure the logic of what produce ends up on the floor and what spawns... just now it happened and there were 10+ grapes around my toddler but I didn't reset her and had been in the game a couple hours, maybe it was all of the grapes she ate that day? I've only been feeding her grapes since they keep spawning in her inventory... but when some older children were toddlers it was happening a lot but there were three of them so I wasn't really keeping track

Message 23 of 31 (1,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been happening to my Toddler Sims for a long time. It's annoying, but I'll admit that it does make it easier to keep them fed while the adults are sleeping.

Message 24 of 31 (1,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This seems to happen nearly every time I use vegetables or fruits to feed a toddler sim. Sometimes the fruit appears on the floor right away, other times it only appears when I load that household again. 
I have had instances where in one game session if I feed my toddler a ton of strawberries (or other fruit but strawberries seem to be the most common to reappear with this glitch) then quit the game and reload, all the strawberries that the toddler ate are now on the floor and are able to be put back into the toddler's inventory. 
I am pretty sure that I have used the same 10 strawberries to feed most of the toddlers in my 100 Baby Challenge save because of this. 
It isn't game breaking but really annoying since I have to either put all the produce back into an inventory or delete each individual item in build mode. 

Message 25 of 31 (1,371 Views)

Plants from Inventory Not Filling the Toddler's Hunger

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a glitched animation where it looks like the produce falls on the floor. The toddlers then pick it up and eats it. The hunger bar stays the same. Also, toddlers should not be able to eat flowers.
What do you expect to see? The animation to be correct. Also, the toddler's hunger bar to go up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Steps to Replicate

1. Have a Sim with a toddler in the household they are the caregiver of
  2. Buy a seed packet or harvest a plant
  3. Open the seed packet
  4. Click on the toddler and give food from the inventory
  5.  Click on one of the plants from the inventory
Message 26 of 31 (1,336 Views)

Re: Plants from Inventory Not Filling the Toddler's Hunger

Hero
@canelacaliente Sorta like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Fruits-and-vegetables-in-toddlers-inventories-end-up-on/m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 31 (1,323 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would like to add that this has always happened to me, ever since I started making my sims feed their toddlers with harvestables. What happened back then was that whatever the toddlers ate would end in their inventory, HOWEVER, I noticed yesterday that what the toddler ate ended in his inventory and THEN on the floor, in addition to that, his hunger need was not satiated, unlike previously. (I didn't have the hunger needs issue until recently)

Message 28 of 31 (1,155 Views)

Toddlers - food duplicates in inventory and spreads on floor

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? the latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Garden Accessories, Laundry day, romantic garden, vintage glamour, go to work, island living, knitting, cats and dogs, spa day, dine out, outdoor living, kids room, toddler accessories, happy holidays, get together, city living, snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a toddler, give them a stack of fruit and/or vegetables in their inventory, have them eat from there, the stack will always fill up and from time to time they will spread food on the floor around where they stand.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above.
What do you expect to see? I want them to eat the food they have (even though the bug is convenient) but most of all I want my floors clean of mushrooms, pears, carrots and more.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug has happened from the start, when I had much less packs and almost no mods. Yesterday I figured out why/when it might happen but I haven't reproduced it. I think it happens when the character gets a reset. I have that striped carpet in the toddler room, the one you can drag and put into your inventory. Every once in a while when I click the floor the carpet moves or even disappears into a sim inventory. So I put the carpet back on the floor where the toddlers were standing, and immediately the floor was filled with the content of both toddler's inventories in a nice pattern. Green peppers in a pattern in one direction, carrots in a pattern 90 degrees turned. I have seen their food around their potties, basically wherever they go, so I wonder if the characters get reset by the game every once in a while and that's when it happens.

Message 29 of 31 (1,060 Views)

Re: Toddlers - food duplicates in inventory and spreads on floor

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, this also happens to me.  The vegetables/fruit I have in my toddler’s inventory will end up on the floor.  This is usually after a reset (the toddler or anyone else in the household) or if the toddler changes clothes/wanders or going into build mode.  

Message 30 of 31 (921 Views)