[FIXED] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

by Lavendela91

Original Post

Sims 4 baby icon issue.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansion packs, all of the games packs except 2,10 stuff packs, and no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug is the baby icon.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims give birth the baby icon shows up as black but the baby in the crib would be brown skin, light skin, white, etc.
What do you expect to see? When my sims give birth the baby icon shows up as black but the baby in the crib would be brown skin, light skin, white, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the paranormal patch update.

As you can see in the picture the baby is white but the icon Is black.

Message 81 of 133 (1,105 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★ Guide
@Lavendela91 I've been having this too. I'd been playing with some CC but I took it out to play for a while after the "bunk beds" patch. What I thought might be due to CC appears to be a game bug. I have no CC or mods in my game presently but the new baby icon (for a family with very pale skin) is about as dark is possible in the game and yet the baby when held is the same color as the parents. It's been happening in my legacy family too, but since it fixes itself as soon as the baby turns into a toddler, I wasn't too worried. But it would be nice if it could be fixed.
Message 82 of 133 (1,042 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the same problem. I’ve also noticed that in-game photos, specifically the family portrait, show the babies with dark skin, even though both parents have light skin.

170AD34D-0945-4CEC-89ED-562150FBF3A7.jpeg

Message 83 of 133 (1,013 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

my 2 white parents not long created no extended family had a couple of black kids 

Message 84 of 133 (986 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They’re not black in the actual game right?

Message 85 of 133 (957 Views)

★★ Guide
@LifeofTamilton At least my sim-babies aren’t black in the game. Both when the babies are in their crib and when they age up to toddlers they are white.
Message 86 of 133 (934 Views)

Re: Sims 4 baby icon issue.

★★★★ Novice

I have no CC’s and I am having the same problem with the babies!

Message 87 of 133 (914 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having the same issue and I play on console with no mods or CC.

Message 88 of 133 (892 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah it’s a known issue with the household icons and gallery pictures only! Reminder to hit XP so we get more exposure and potentially priority for them to fix it

Message 89 of 133 (886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I get black baby icons too but idk what the big fuzz is all about, it's hardly game breaking, beside they are not babies for long, to bother caring about it anyway.

Message 90 of 133 (854 Views)