[FIXED] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

by Lavendela91

Original Post

Weird baby glitch

★★ Novice

So this has happened twice. I have two white sims they give birth to a white baby but the icon shows a black baby instead.

Message 51 of 133 (1,840 Views)

Re: Weird baby glitch

Hero
@gracefulwitch It's a known bug. I merged your post with the bug report.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 133 (1,835 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★★ Apprentice

Just want to add, the original post says it happens to them rarely, however for me it happens every time (100%)

Message 53 of 133 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same every time no matter where the infant comes from (gallery download/woohoo/etc)

Message 54 of 133 (1,795 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem as well. I remove all custom content from my game and the baby still appears this way. I even re-downloaded the game and removed all the data folders from my pc. 

Message 55 of 133 (1,702 Views)

★ Novice

I have that problem almost 100% of the time. No matter the skin colour of the parents the baby always has dark skin colour and when it grows up it changes to match that of parents'.

Message 56 of 133 (1,672 Views)

★ Guide

This bug is annoying and I wished they had FIXED it during the Feb update last week, why oh why is this still an issue I will never know.

Message 57 of 133 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

A month later and this is still an issue Frown

Message 58 of 133 (1,506 Views)

Baby newborn skin in icons and gallery view not matching actual skin tone

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most updated as of today
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, most game and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try for baby, download baby from gallery, save household
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby is showing up as dark skinned even if the baby has a different skin tone in the game or prior to gallery download
What do you expect to see? The skin tone of the newborn in the household view should match their actual skin tone in the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been a problem for at least a month now and I've actually gone from playing the game every day to not playing it at all because it's ruining my story telling when I play and finish different games and upload the families with the newborns into the gallery. Please fix soon Frown

Message 59 of 133 (1,492 Views)

Re: Baby skintone changing when removed from bassinet

★ Novice
@ksinclair878 same here
Message 60 of 133 (1,314 Views)