[FIXED] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

by Lavendela91

Original Post

Re: Wrong skin tone for babies

Hero
@lizzybea02 merged your post with the main thread on this then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 133 (2,306 Views)

Baby's are black in their icon but match the parents skin tone in live mode.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, Dine Out, Parenthood, Realm Of Magic, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day, Paranormal, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living and toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You have to have a baby with any sim with any skin tone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby will come out with the parents skin tone in live mode but in the family portrait and the sim bar thingy in the bottom in live mode to switch in between sims, the baby's are the darkest skin tone.
What do you expect to see? The skin tone to match the parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happing after the skin tone update.

*Note I did not have a baby with the red haired girl. This is part of the 100 baby challenge and you can't live with the father and thats her daughter. So its not that making the bug occur lol.

Message 42 of 133 (2,291 Views)

Re: Wrong skin tone for babies

★★★★ Novice

Hi have you found a fix to this?

Message 43 of 133 (2,223 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Baby icon/household picture different colour than Sim

★★★ Apprentice
I’m still waiting Frown
Message 44 of 133 (2,172 Views)

★ Guide

Yes! I have this bug too! They all turn black on the household picture even though they are not, every single one of them since the last update.. 

Message 45 of 133 (2,065 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’ve tried my own sims and downloading household from the gallery, they all show up as a different skin tone

Message 46 of 133 (2,026 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I have twins that are both light skinned and their step sister that is medium skin toned, and all three babies show up as the darkest skin swatch.

Message 47 of 133 (1,923 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this same problem. All babies are dark skin toned in the family portrait. Is there no fix for this yet? I only use MCC.

Message 48 of 133 (1,858 Views)

★ Apprentice

There was a patch released today, and I checked the patch notes. There was no mention of addressing this issue yet. 

Message 49 of 133 (1,850 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Absolute joke that this still hasn't been adressed in the latest patch. It's ruining my story-telling.

Message 50 of 133 (1,796 Views)