by Zeucean

Original Post

LAG in Menus and Interface browsing

★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Greucean
Which mode has this happened in? Kick off
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go To "Game Settings" and just start to press fast LT or RT. Just press it and navigate fast through screens. Everywhere in menus is lag and delay and freezes. Also very often you press buttons and the interface just does not respond!
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes it just freezes and often is very laggy like it waits for something else to finish before it can react to another click. Very very laggy!
What should be happening instead? It should be responsive and without lag. Especially in menus! It's ridiculous to have such bugs for a EA company...

Everywhere in menus is lag and delay and freezes. Also very often you press buttons and the interface just does not respond. I am using Xbox One X
Message 1 of 4 (334 Views)

Re: LAG in Menus and Interface browsing

Community Manager (retired)

@Zeucean

Thank you for the report. I'll pass this along to the team to be looked at.

-Aido

Message 2 of 4 (297 Views)

★★★ Novice
I also made other related two posts which are more descriptive about this issue. Being a developer myself it feels that the interface usually is blocked and is lagging because stuff is done in the background and maybe on the same thread which blocks / freezes the UI thread. Mostly it can be reproduced all over the interface of you navigate fast using D-pad buttons on the controller. using the R and L analogue sticks is a little better but using the D-Pad really blocks the interface and clicks are lost sometimes. You click 3 clicks on D-Pad but the interface only responds to 1 click. Effect is really annoying because you click 3 times and you expect you will be on a certain menu item but instead you don't get where you wanted since only one click or two clicks are executed instead of 3 and this causes selling players by mistake, or all kinds of mistakes because the interface is not responsive as it should be. Please fix it. I love the game but this obvious bugs makes me quit the game... Fix it pls.
Message 3 of 4 (292 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah.. the lag and the inconsistent navigation into the menus, game interface and the very very annoying delay is a shame for the EA brand. Seriously!
Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)