L3-37 Unique Taunt Removed Instantly

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6s
OS Version iOS 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 515-758-641
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug L3's unique (Self Modification) states "When L3-37 becomes Prepared, she gains Taunt for 1 turn." Her other unique (For the Droids) states "At the start of L3-37's turns, if L3-37 didn't take damage from an enemy since her last turn she becomes Prepared." With these unique abilities working together, L3-37 should gain Taunt if she was not damaged since her last turn. What I have seen every time this scenario plays out is she gains Taunt > she attacks > her Taunt expires immediately after her attack. I believe this to be a bug, as the Taunt is essentially useless if it expires in the same turn that it is gained. I have seen this every single time I have tested.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use L3-37 in battle. When she doesn't take damage prior to her turn, she will gain Taunt to start her turn (along with Prepared). Use any ability to end her turn. Taunt is instantly removed.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

L3's unique (Self Modification) states "When L3-37 becomes Prepared, she gains Taunt for 1 turn." Her other unique (For the Droids) states "At the start of L3-37's turns, if L3-37 didn't take damage from an enemy since her last turn she becomes Prepared."

With these unique abilities working together, L3-37 should gain Taunt if she was not damaged since her last turn. What I have seen every time this scenario plays out is she gains Taunt > she attacks > her Taunt expires immediately after her attack. I believe this to be a bug, as the Taunt is essentially useless if it expires in the same turn that it is gained. I have seen this every single time I have tested.

Use L3-37 in battle. When she doesn't take damage prior to her turn, she will gain Taunt to start her turn (along with Prepared). Use any ability to end her turn. Taunt is instantly removed.

Message 1 of 11 (1,092 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: L3-37 Unique Taunt Removed Instantly

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the report. We flagged this for review.

Update:This ability is actually working as intended. Basically, she gains Taunt when she becomes Prepared for 1 Turn. Meaning when she uses an ability, the Taunt will expire because her Full Turn is Complete.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,473 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the report. We flagged this for review.

Update:This ability is actually working as intended. Basically, she gains Taunt when she becomes Prepared for 1 Turn. Meaning when she uses an ability, the Taunt will expire because her Full Turn is Complete.

Message 2 of 11 (1,474 Views)

★★ Novice

How is this working as intended? Who is she taunting? The taunt is entirely useless, as it's gained and lost before an enemy character (or any character) can take a turn. What is the benefit of gaining taunt and instantly losing it?

Message 3 of 11 (1,036 Views)

★★ Novice
This can not possibly be intended. You must be mistaken. The taunt is literally pointless the way you are saying it should work.
Message 4 of 11 (1,034 Views)

★ Guide

@CG_MindTricks I understand mechnically it is working right. The issue with it is that it becomes a useless taunt. She is only taunting during her turn. What the hell is that good for other than charging up an opponent Nest CD and health steal? This really should have been a 2 turn taunt so you actually get something out of it.

Message 5 of 11 (1,014 Views)

★★ Novice
Can we please get an update on this? Also on why her mk1,2,3 upgrades don’t give prepared and 100% counter?
Message 6 of 11 (973 Views)

The Taunt from L3-37's unique "Self Modification" is gained whenever she becomes Prepared which can be outside her turn as well.

In regards to L3-37 Mk III Counter chance, it was already flagged as a bug in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/L3-37-MK-III-100-Counter-Chance/m-p/6849114#M13894

Message 7 of 11 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@CG_MindTricks I still dont think that fully addresses their complaint.

L3 gains taunt when she becomes prepared. L3 also becomes prepared at the beginning of her turn if she took no damage since her last turn. So, L3 can become prepared and get a taunt at the beginning of her turn, assuming the appropriate conditions. So why doesn' that taunt last beyond the turn it was granted? Why is the turn the taunt is granted, counted? It just seems off.

The issue we're confused about can be seen in an example round below.

L3 takes a turn, attacks enemy 1.

Ally 1 takes a turn, attacks enemy 1.

Enemy 1 gains debuff.

Ally 2 becomes prepared.

Ally 2 takes a turn, attacks enemy 1.

Ally 2 is no longer prepared.

Enemy 3 takes a turn, attacks ally 3.

Enemy 4 takes a turn attacks ally 2.

L3 recieved no damage, becomes prepared.

L3 receives taunt for 1 turn due to becoming prepared.

L3 takes a turn, attacks enemy 3.

L3 is no longer taunting.

As it is described, is how it functions. So their question remains: in this instance, what is the purpose of the taunt? This taunt only lasts for her next action and doesnt continue beyond it. it is effectively taunting nothing, so what is the point?

Is it simply a side effect due to her automatically taunting when becoming prepared? Is it not fully intended to be synergistic with her other ability? Does her being able to become prepared on her own not benefit from the granted taunt?

It just seems bizzare she can automatically become prepared on her own, taunt because of it, and then immediately lose said taunt when she does anything. It's a redundant taunt, it effectively (in the instance of her becoming prepared on her own) accomplishes nothing.

Message 8 of 11 (901 Views)

@PhaedoUltio I believe I mentioned this in a different thread, but basically, L3-37 can become Prepared (from other characters) outside her turn as well.

We have confirmed with the game team that this mechanic is working as intended, so it is not a bug.

For feedback we would encourage you to post it on the official forum in the Feedback section for better visibility.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home

Thank you. 

Message 9 of 11 (896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Nearly useless skill is working as intended? That seems odd. Here is a video of the useless taunt,  just to make everyone is understanding properly. 

Again, the way this works currently is that When L3-37 gets prepared on her own, she gets taunt at the beginning of her turn, but loses it at soon as she takes her turn, in essence, the only way for this to be somewhat useful is if someone else gives her prepared, currently only young lando and young han can do this. However, if they do give l3-37 taunt, and she takes her turn immediately after them, guess what happens? The taunt expires! 

It gets worse! I just remembered, that of the two that can give out prepared (if they're already prepared, and their ability is up), if you happen to use lando, that less than 1-turn taunt will also inconveniently negate lando's two-turn stealth bonus. 

Here's a video showcasing this ridicoulous mechanic in action. (without anyone giving L3-37 prepared). There is approximately a ~15 second delay at the beginning.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jQCfedKHbYLJ463r8

Message 10 of 11 (874 Views)