Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? GrislyKykle
Date/time issue occurred 8/12/2018
What type of issue do you have? Other
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug No matter where I aim, my kickoffs/punts/field goals always go as far to the right as they possibly can. I've kicked about 100 field goals now in free practice in my franchise mode, and its literally the same results every single time no matter what I do Mouse and Keyboard controls.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Kick a field goal/punt/kick off with mouse and keyboard controls
What happens when the bug occurs? The kickoff/field goal/punt goes to the extreme right every single time no matter where you aim or how you time the kick
What do you expect to see? I expect the ball to not go to the extreme right every single kick I make, regardless of where I'm aiming.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? AMD RX 480
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB RAM

No matter where I aim, my kickoffs/punts/field goals always go as far to the right as they possibly can. I've kicked about 100 field goals now in free practice in my franchise mode, and its literally the same results every single time no matter what I do

Mouse and Keyboard controls.

Message 1 of 9 (2,320 Views)

Re: Kicking bug on PC

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not trying to make you sound stupid or anything but are you hitting the button to stop the meter twice? Once at the top and at the bottom? The bottom arc of the meter affects the direction of the kick while the top affects the power. The only other thing I can think of it being is if you changed the sliders in your settings and set the FG accuracy to minimum or something.

Message 2 of 9 (2,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes I hit the button twice and stop both times within the green just under the 100% marker. 

No FG accuracy is not set to minimum in the settings. 

If you look on reddit.com/r/madden and search for kicking issues, there's at least 5 other posts with my exact same issue. 

I know its a bug because after some more testing, if you aim ALL the way to the left, as far as you possibly can go to the left, the ball goes somewhat straight. Aiming is totally broken on PC. 

Message 3 of 9 (2,272 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play on PC and haven't had an issue at all with the kicking accuracy. That's the main reason I asked about the sliders. MUT and Franchise has worked fine for me on the kicking side. Strange that some are having an issue and others aren't. Have you tried verifying files through origin?

Message 4 of 9 (2,263 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeahp, just verified the files and still the same issues. 

It persists across all game modes where kicking is possible. 

I guess I'll just have to refund the game. Shame EA cant do PC right. 

Message 5 of 9 (2,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

had the same problem, but now I got a little wiser.

Don't try to hit the 100% power both times, because the 100% for the accuracy is

at six o' clock, not at three, like 100% power.

And don't feel too embarrassed......Large smile

Message 6 of 9 (2,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue as of April 2019 and even aiming far left still shanks right..it's close to the posts instead of into the bleachers but there's no way to make a kick.

Message 7 of 9 (1,799 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue has never been fixed, and its also present in Madden 20. 

Thanks EA for the horrible game. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,402 Views)

Community Manager

Do you all have a controller plugged in even though you're using mouse and keyboard to kick? When I'm testing this, if the controller is slightly touched when I'm using the keyboard the kicking aim will default wide to the left or right.

Do you have a punter in your kicker slot?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,366 Views)