Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Kicked out of Freeplay back to Tarsis, Lost All Loot and All XP!

by Drakonnen

Original Post

Highlighted

Kicked out of Freeplay back to Tarsis, Lost All Loot and All XP!

★★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 64
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Was in the middle of Challenge of the Legionnaires
What was your chosen difficulty level? Normal
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. I was in the North East territo ry in the middle of a World Event killing Urix
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24.01.19 27.30 est
Summarize your bug I was in Freeplay, had completed 3 World Events, ant gotten my loot from 3 Tombs of the Legionaire Challenge, so I had about 6 or 7 rare Items I had looted, and got only knows how many commons and uncommons. I was in another world even killing Urixs when all the sudden I got kicked to a loading screen then back to Fort Tarsis and it said the Server has Shut Down. I got NONE of my XP from that whole hour or so, and when I went to the Forge I had none of the items I had looted, and yet I can't go back and do those tombs over again, so I have completely lost out on all that gear!! I want to be compensated.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? I described it above
What should be happening instead? I shouldn't get kicked out of free playt and loose all my loot and xp. Tallying it only at the end of the expedition is completely idiotic!

I was in Freeplay, had completed 3 World Events, ant gotten my loot from 3 Tombs of the Legionaire Challenge, so I had about 6 or 7 rare Items I had looted, and got only knows how many commons and uncommons. I was in another world even killing Urixs when all the sudden I got kicked to a loading screen then back to Fort Tarsis and it said the Server has Shut Down.

I got NONE of my XP from that whole hour or so, and when I went to the Forge I had none of the items I had looted, and yet I can't go back and do those tombs over again, so I have completely lost out on all that gear!!

I want to be compensated.

Message 1 of 10 (871 Views)

Re: Kicked out of Freeplay back to Tarsis, Lost All Loot and All XP!

★★★★ Novice
I had the exact same problem, 2 hours in on freeplay, got kicked off when fighting a titan, and lost so much loot and exp. losing that much has made me lose the sense of accomplishment not to mention hours of exp and loot. I’m getting on For Honor until this is patched.
Message 2 of 10 (801 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I had a similar problem on several mission so far and in freeplay. seems to be quite inconsistent but losing out on an hour or so of EXP and loot each time has made me quite frustrated to say the least.

I had one where i went into a contract and before i left the spawn area i got kicked out "Server has shut down". gotta love those loading screens...

Message 3 of 10 (755 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Pretty much had the exact same problem just now. Absolutely unacceptable. If it happens again I will likely uninstall because there's no way i'm spending 2 hours of my time in a game when there's a significant risk it'll be for nothing.

Message 4 of 10 (703 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sometimes in Freeplay or in missions you can lose connection but your loot might still be intact. (This happened to me when leaving a Freeplay game with my first MW drop)

Go back into a new Freeplay session, go to the Map screen, then the Tracked tab of that screen. That will list any gear you already have in your inventory and can show the previous sessions loot as well. If your gear is there then continue as normal. 

It's worth also checking the Newsfeed desk in the fort or when you first login. The messages can inform you of any 'lost' xp or items that you should be awarded from crashed/broken expeditions.

Message 5 of 10 (696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just happened to me as well. Spent about 45 minutes doing world events and collecting loot, got dropped, no loot. This is incredibly frustrating.

Message 6 of 10 (616 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Same here. REally, really irritating.

Crafting Materials are saved instantly.

Why aren't things like medals, XP, and loot items saved, maybe to a buffer ..... so that when you regain connection, you see the "end of expedition" screen, get your XP and stuff, THEN get dropped into Tarsis?
Message 7 of 10 (612 Views)

★★★ Newbie
FYI: I had the exact same problem, except I was playing solo as Colossus. Checked the tips here and checked the news upon being dropped, nothing. Then checked the tracked-screen in a fresh freeplay session, nothing. However, after that I did a reboot of the game, and when I logged in I had 4 new blue weapon drops and other such stuff that makes me kinda sure I got the loot upon a reboot. Can't be sure about the XP though, since I don't remember how much XP I had before going out.
Message 8 of 10 (408 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How is this mot fixed by now?!! A month since this was posted? How many years has this game been in development? Money grabbing turds
Message 9 of 10 (225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got kicked out of freeplay after 2 + hrs. Had tons of loot , world events complete and 2 legendary item drops. So frustrating

Message 10 of 10 (141 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help