by skinny_kc

Original Post

Re: Kick meter doesn't show up on any 4th quarter kick attempts

★★ Novice

Gamertag: skinny_kc

PSN ID: skinny_kc

Playstation 4

Thursday September 19th, 2019 9:00pm Central

The kicking meter disappears every time in the 4th quarter in franchise mode. Doesnt matter field goal, punt, kickoff. Doesnt matter if you are winning or losing. Doesnt even let me sim the kick. This is beyond frustrating, it's been like this since the day the game came out. Please help!

Message 31 of 43 (1,095 Views)

★★ Novice
  • Gamertag/ VitalRook888193 
  • Platform you play on: Xbox one x
  • Timestamp of when you last experienced this (include time and timezone. For this one, try and report it here immediately so the team can look at the logs to see what led up to this happening) September 22, 2019 @ 8:57 am.
  • Any details you remember that you feel could be causing it. Any consistencies The icing the kicker feature is obviously malfunctions should only happen on the field goal attempt after opposing team calls a time out, and during away games not home games. If I am blowing the team out by more than 14 points going into the 4th quarter or if I have more than 30 points going into the 4th at home games as of now the kicking meter never appears on field goal attempts 1 or 3 points,  punt attempts and kickoffs , the meter should be there on all kicking attempts except for when the opposing team tries to ice the kicker and should never happen at a home game, the home crowd will always be quiet for the home team.
  • Any video footage going back 5 minutes (if possible) I have 2 minute capture of a home game uploaded to xbox live only way I can upload. at towards the end is where the bug is clear. I am at home against the bears.
Message 32 of 43 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nicky_B26_nde91 Same issue here. Happens to me most often in online franchise when I’m playing against a human. Not so much vs cpu
Message 33 of 43 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree with this! I too have lost games please EA fix this problem.

Message 34 of 43 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
  • CHSilvercore
  • PS4 Pro
  • 9-26-2019 around 3:30 A.M. EST Attempted extra point with about 3:30 left in the 4th quarter. Kick meter was missing.

After the patch before last I had 2 or 3 games with no issue, since it has returned.

I have found that closing the game, re-opening it, and resuming the game in progress restores the kick meter for the remainder of the game.

However, this sets the team's uniforms back to default if you changed them prior to the game, and often changes the time of day.

Message 35 of 43 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having this prob too nearly every single game since like aug5 in an offline franchise. It's simulation, 15min Q's, and like they say, kicker AND punter meters disappear in 4th Q. It starts anywhere from 10min left to last 2min, usually later in 4th Q, it's a glitch, this is not icing the kicker we r talking about.  Getting turnovers or giving up TDs could be triggers. Exiting and resuming game brings the meters back but resuming always brings a change in wind direction and weather too which sucks, I also won the toss in ot and selected receive only to exit/resume and find myself kicking off instead!

Message 36 of 43 (878 Views)

★★ Novice

They wont fix it. I have tried to reach out to @eahelp, i have called EA, emailed them. Nothing works, cant get in touch with anyone, they dont care.  I dont expect them to get it fixed til next years game comes out

Message 37 of 43 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still don't having kicking meter. What can i do?

Message 38 of 43 (827 Views)

Community Manager

@skinny_kc wrote:

They wont fix it. I have tried to reach out to @eahelp, i have called EA, emailed them. Nothing works, cant get in touch with anyone, they dont care.  I dont expect them to get it fixed til next years game comes out

@skinny_kc 

That would be a penalty: Roughing the kicker! 

Thanks for all hanging in there with us while the team looked into addressing this. Took longer than expected and again, we really appreciate the patience. If you notice this happening please update the thread. 

Per the patch notes:

Fixed an issue preventing the kick meter from appearing late in games for Franchise players when using longer quarter lengths

DEV NOTE: We know this bug has been impacting some Franchise players since launch and we’ve been working on it from our end just as long. We finally found the cause of this problem, which was hitting a max limit of in-game graphical feedback elements. This limit could only be reached in games with exceptionally long quarter lengths and explains why the kick meter would tend to go away in the fourth quarter.
Blueberry.png
Message 39 of 43 (2,101 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the response. Havent tried kicking yet today. Hopefully all goes well. The Madden community would appreciate some type of communication next time from the twitter account just giving us an update that they are aware of the situation and working on the issue. I'm ok with waiting for the issue to get fixed. I just would like to know next time that you guys know the issue at hand. Once again Thank you

Message 40 of 43 (772 Views)