Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Nicky_b26
Date/time issue occurred 8/2/19
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug Gameplay is fine until the 4th quarter. As soon as the 4th starts any kick I attempt doesnt have the aiming meter and (kickoff, extra point, field goal... probably punts too but I don't usually punt) I have to attempt it blindly.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a game in franchise mode into the 4th quarter and try a kick.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything works fine except the kick meter doesnt show up and I have to try it blindly.
What do you expect to see? The aiming meter when the kick is attempted.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Nicky_b26
Date/time issue occurred 8/2/19 on several games I played
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug I was playing franchise mode and on any 4th quarter kicks (field goals, extra points, kickoffs) would not show the kick meter to aim kicks. I had to blindly attempt them.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play any game in franchise mode into the 4th quarter and try a kick.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything is fine except when you try to kick the aiming meter is not there.
What do you expect to see? The aiming meter so I don't suck and keep losing close games.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 1 of 43 (2,865 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Kick meter doesn't show up on any 4th quarter kick attempts

Community Manager

@skinny_kc wrote:

They wont fix it. I have tried to reach out to @eahelp, i have called EA, emailed them. Nothing works, cant get in touch with anyone, they dont care.  I dont expect them to get it fixed til next years game comes out

@skinny_kc 

That would be a penalty: Roughing the kicker! 

Thanks for all hanging in there with us while the team looked into addressing this. Took longer than expected and again, we really appreciate the patience. If you notice this happening please update the thread. 

Per the patch notes:

Fixed an issue preventing the kick meter from appearing late in games for Franchise players when using longer quarter lengths

DEV NOTE: We know this bug has been impacting some Franchise players since launch and we’ve been working on it from our end just as long. We finally found the cause of this problem, which was hitting a max limit of in-game graphical feedback elements. This limit could only be reached in games with exceptionally long quarter lengths and explains why the kick meter would tend to go away in the fourth quarter.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 39 of 43 (2,100 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

This happens everytime I play the game as well. This is ridiculous. I already lost a game because of it.

Message 2 of 43 (2,825 Views)

★★ Novice

My kick meter also disappears in the 4th qrt and its getting annoying and ruining the gamepla . It happens every single game and now my kicking stats suck. This needs to get fixed asap

Message 3 of 43 (2,803 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, same problem. Has there been a fix yet?

Message 4 of 43 (2,774 Views)

★★ Novice

Btw does it happen all the time for u guys? Or just in game, cause it happens in game for me only

Message 5 of 43 (2,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happens every time in the fourth quarter. I am on the Xbox 1 in franchise mode offline

Message 6 of 43 (2,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ceddie1998 NO fix. This happens to me all game everygame. Only way it comes back for one kick is to ALT tab. Every time i have to kick i have to do this.!
Message 7 of 43 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here every time in the 4th quarter. So Frustrating almost lost a game last night because of it

Message 8 of 43 (2,664 Views)

★★ Novice

This sucks but has worked for me. Turn the console off and restart it and go back to the saved game play and for me seems to bring back the kick meter

Message 9 of 43 (2,650 Views)

★★ Novice

I called EAsports in Orlando and spoke with the lady on the phone and she said this is not a glitch,that it’s one of the normal features of “icing the kicker”and I explained to her that the game was out of hand and it was a 20 Yard  kick and usually the other head coach calls a timeout,I thought it was such a lame excuse,does anyone have any information on this??I’m surprised EAhas not adressed the situation 

Message 10 of 43 (2,579 Views)