Original Post

Kick Off Name Bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Commando3200
Which mode has this happened in? Kick off
Which part of the mode? Classic Match
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I edited my Kick Off name upon launching FIFA 19 for the first time, after logging into my PSN account and launching the game. After editing the name, I linked it to my PSN ID. Then, upon trying to ready up, I recieve an error message.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message: “Unable to retrieve your kick off names data.” I am unable to play a game with the selected kick off name, and am forced to create and use a different name, that works, but is unsynced with my PSN ID.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to proceed to select teams.

In Kick Off, after editing my Kick Off name, I’ll try and ready up but get an error message that says: “Unable to retrieve your kick off names data.” It doesn’t allow me to play a game in Kick Off as a result using that name, but I can use another one.

Message 1 of 69 (6,298 Views)

Re: Kick Off Name Bug

★★★★ Newbie
Did you find any solution to that yet?
Message 2 of 69 (6,284 Views)

Unable to retrieve your kick off names data

★★★★ Novice

What is your gamertag/PSN ID? canthariiz
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create Kick-Off name and connect it to your existing Online-ID. Then choose this name, choose a side (home or away) and accept.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Error "Cant retrieve your Kick Off Names data. Try again later." occurs. You cant proceed to select a team. You cant play a single match!
What should be happening instead? You should proceed to select a team.

I cant play a single game in kick off. When I create a second Name that I dont connect to my online-id it works as intended, but the name is not connected to my online id then.

Message 3 of 69 (6,001 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Any solution?
Message 4 of 69 (6,149 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Spoiler

I haven't found a solution yet. Some acknowledgement from EA would be nice, considering it's fairly gamebreaking.

Message 5 of 69 (6,146 Views)

Unable to retrieve your Kick Off Names data. Please try again.

★★★★ Novice

What is your gamertag/PSN ID? cRsnis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you start Kick Off Mode with a Kick Off Name which is linked to your OnlineID, select a side and continue the error occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Error "Cant retrieve your Kick Off Names data. Try again later." occurs. You cant proceed to select a team. You can't play a single match, no matter if it's Classic Match, House Rules, Champions League, etc.
What should be happening instead? Select a team and go on selecting a game mode in Kick Off

I can't play any game mode in kick off mode with a kick off name which is linked to my OnlineID. When I create a second Kick Off Name that I do not link to my online-id it works as intended, but then the process is not saved. For that workaround I have to create a new Kick Off Name every time I start FIFA and want to play any Kick Off mode. 

I also reinstalled FIFA completely and deleted all my Profile Files (Customise - Profile - Delete) without success. 

Message 6 of 69 (5,598 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Unable to retrieve your kick-off names data. Please try again

same for me dont know why

Message 7 of 69 (6,026 Views)

Unable to retrieve your kick-off names data. Please try again

★★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? DeLaVi9a
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to start a kick off match with some different kick off names in select sides >> after some matches when you try to start a new match thats what you get Unable to retrieve your kick-off names data. Please try again
What happens when the bug occurs? the game doesnt llow me to play a matcj
What should be happening instead? you select a side and begin playing

i was playing FIFA with my friend in new kick off mode >>> we played many matches and eventually 

after some games we tried to start another match it just said >>

" Unable to retrieve your kick-off names data. Please try again "

Message 8 of 69 (5,868 Views)

Re: Unable to retrieve your kick-off names data. Please try again

★★★★ Newbie

something somehow worked once >>>
>>

i deleted all the game data except career files from the documents

... created  a new settings file and tried but didnt work

closed the game changed the language from mine to English and tried didnt work

opened it again in my language and changed my game and camera settings and tried again somehow worked

Message 9 of 69 (5,859 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

something somehow worked once >>>
>>

i deleted all the game data except career files from the documents

... created  a new settings file and tried but didnt work

closed the game changed the language from mine to English and tried didnt work

opened it again in my language and changed my game and camera settings and tried again somehow worked

Message 10 of 69 (6,012 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help