Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA Gforce 1070TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? All of them
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 1
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. during the game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) EVERY DAY
Summarize your bug While playing my mouse locks up and unable to move it for like 5-10 seconds. Same thing with my keyboard. I just fly or walk in one direction for 5-10 seconds every 5min or so. Divers are updated. Tried switching USB ports. Only happens in anthem. Turned off origin ingame. Please fix this its game breaking.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? IDK lots of people have the same problem
What happens when the bug occurs? Cant move cant shoot cant fly.
What should be happening instead? Being able to move

While playing my mouse locks up and unable to move it for like 5-10 seconds. Same thing with my keyboard. I just fly or walk in one direction for 5-10 seconds every 5min or so.

Divers are updated. Tried switching USB ports. Only happens in anthem. Turned off origin ingame.

Please fix this its game breaking.

Message 1 of 8 (1,449 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Keyboard and mouse freezing

★★ Guide

@Srgkill22 wrote:

@yesaulTube thats what i was thinking it is at 100% the whole time. BUT when i installed it was default to high setting so i lowered it. Didnt help went to low didnt help. Pretty much have everything turned off still at 100%. I saw a video of a guy doing a stress test with the exact same cpu and save video card mine is just a TI and his is just a regular 1070. He has his on ultra and it was hovering around 80-90% and it was a video so kinda hard to fake it. I saw another post with like 15+ people having the same problem and so far no fix from that post i have seen. I msged the guy to see what he was doing differently and he never responded.

I hope my suggestion to use V-SYNC on helps you until we have a proper fix. Make sure you let it kick in after you change it. I had to restart the game and play for some time despite the lag. Borderless also seems makes it a bit better. Here is my original post about this situation. There are couple screenshots of my CPU utilization. Good luck.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (1,427 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Srgkill22 Sounds like input lag. Check if your CPU is strained. If it is 100% all the time try lowering your FPS. E.g. V-SYNC: on. I'd also use Borderless. You might need to restart the game. This workaround make take some time. Be patient with it. Like could take up to 30 minuses to kick in. No kidding.

Message 2 of 8 (1,440 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@yesaulTube thats what i was thinking it is at 100% the whole time. BUT when i installed it was default to high setting so i lowered it. Didnt help went to low didnt help. Pretty much have everything turned off still at 100%. I saw a video of a guy doing a stress test with the exact same cpu and save video card mine is just a TI and his is just a regular 1070. He has his on ultra and it was hovering around 80-90% and it was a video so kinda hard to fake it. I saw another post with like 15+ people having the same problem and so far no fix from that post i have seen. I msged the guy to see what he was doing differently and he never responded.

Message 3 of 8 (1,429 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Srgkill22 wrote:

I hope my suggestion to use V-SYNC on helps you until we have a proper fix. Make sure you let it kick in after you change it. I had to restart the game and play for some time despite the lag. Borderless also seems makes it a bit better. Here is my original post about this situation. There are couple screenshots of my CPU utilization. Good luck.

Message 4 of 8 (1,428 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@yesaulTube Yea i will check it out thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 8 (1,424 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Just tried your steps and it worked. Almost lost hope after about 5min then it just went down and hovers around 80-90%. Left the game setting on high. So it runs better and now i have better graphics. @yesaulTube 

Message 6 of 8 (1,401 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Srgkill22 wrote:

Just tried your steps and it worked. Almost lost hope after about 5min then it just went down and hovers around 80-90%. Left the game setting on high. So it runs better and now i have better graphics. @yesaulTube 

I'm glad you are able to play without stuttering. Hopefully, they will find a better solution in the near future. You are lucky it took only 5 minutes. Another person also had to wait. In my last test it took about 25 minutes. People can't wait this long can they? 

Message 7 of 8 (1,372 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

So I have had a similar problem since the Saturday patch. Did not have it previously. Game is running fine then suddenly my fps drops to about 5 fps and controls stop working. I keep moving in the previous direction, keep firing, whatever was last being performed when the slowdown started. I tried all the recommended fixes including driver updates, game repair, vsync on, etc. Reading this thread I tried just letting the game run for a period of time in that state, but it did not recover.

However, I noticed a different condition. Under smooth ops my CPU usage hovers around 75% and my GPU around 90% while the game is running at ~80fps. However, when this problem occurs my CPU went to 15% and GPU to 5%. Alt tabbing everything else works fine including controls. Its like Anthem stops using resources. So then I tried setting Anthem priority to high but still no fix. Only five minutes in game and the same problem whether I am in town, freeplay, or just sitting in the forge menu.

At the end of my rope I tried something new... I have been playing with a wireless Xbox controller over Bluetooth. I shut down the controller and the game returned to normal. I turn it on and a few minutes of playing the game drops to 5 fps same symptoms with CPU and GPU utilization dropping. Turn the controller off and game returns to 80 fps with normal resource utilization. The controller works fine in every other game. I need to spend more time to see if this is a permanent fix but this is very repeatable for me so far.

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 8 (1,325 Views)
Twitter Stream