★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Everywhere in-game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.15.19 11:10 CST
Summarize your bug I've come across an issue where I have a bad stutter while walking or looking around with the mouse or keyboard. It gets really bad in combat, to the point that my mouse and keyboard seemingly cut out. I've tried three different mice from different companies and a Xbox one controller and it happens on every one of them. This occurs in Fort Tarsis and in the world.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Stuttering like a frame rate spike/drop but I'm sitting consistently at 60fps
What should be happening instead? Smooth motion

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Everywhere in-game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.15.19
Summarize your bug Central time zone. I've come across an issue where I have a bad stutter while walking or looking around with the mouse or keyboard. It gets really bad in combat, to the point that my mouse and keyboard seemingly cut out. I've tried three different mice from different companies and a Xbox one controller and it happens on every one of them. This occurs in Fort Tarsis and in the world.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/a
What happens when the bug occurs? Stuttering like a frame rate spike/drop but I'm sitting consistently at 60fps
What should be happening instead? Smooth motion

Message 1 of 83 (6,478 Views)

Re: Keyboard and Mouse Stuttering/cut-out

★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have the same problem, my mouse and keyboard constantly disconnect for 5~sec randomly in the world, this is so unplayable ...
I tried so many things on my computer like update all my drivers, and bios, but it still happening.

That never happend in any other game so i think this is an Anthem exclusivly problem .

Need a fix Frown 

Message 2 of 83 (6,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Ive got the same thing here, only tried it with my one mouse the rival 310 but it happens to me all the time i cant figure out a way to fix it yet

Its definitely not lag or fps since i have great internet with no issues in any games and my fps counter is constant

Message 3 of 83 (6,423 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. For a few seconds the javelin becomes completely uncontrollable even though I'm still getting shot at. You cant change directions, stop or start moving, shoot, use skills, dodge or anything else for seconds and it keeps happening. You regain control and 10 seconds later it happens again.

Didn't have this issue yesterday btw

Message 4 of 83 (6,417 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, its pretty much unplayable atm.

Message 5 of 83 (6,384 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, unplayable please fix it

Message 6 of 83 (6,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Exactly same symptoms here. To be precise, I consider this as a bug, because the behavior is unintentional and my specs are above minimum requirements. It's not just mouse the keyboard too. E.g. It would not depress AWSD and the character would run off cliffs and into walls, same with E at times and a chargeable ability would not go off for few seconds.

I started to suspect that this is related to 100% CPU usage. Dropped quality to low and still see 100% CPU utilization and this input lag (or whatever it might be). My spec is Intel i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz, GTX 1080Ti. Please, correct me if you experience this problem regardless of CPU usage level. I've done a few re-installations of the software and nothing nonessential is running on mu box when this problem manifests.

I've been experiencing it since VIP demo and open demo. Here is the compilation of posts with same or similar symptoms. Maybe it will be useful for the developers.

UNABLE TO MOVE

FPS drops and mini freezes on any graphic settings

Input Lag mouse/keyboard

Mini freezing

Mouse and keyboard lags

Mouse-"shuttering" / Input-Lags/Freezes

EDIT: In my case, I narrowed it down to the CPU over utilization. Here is the thread compilation which may help you:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Mouse-quot-shuttering-quot-Input-Lags-Freezes/m-p/7499103...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/High-GPU-and-CPU-Usage-in-Anthem/m-p/7533171#M10141

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Day-1-Patch-Made-Anthem-Unplayably-Broken/td-p/7535194

Also, since it is related at least in my case, new NVIDIA driver 419.17 is out. I will try it and report back.

So, I would like to here from BW about possible solutions to this problem. Probably, will file a bug if this keeps happening.

Message 7 of 83 (6,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My Brother got the same problem, we reinstall windows, new drivers etc nothing happens on this Frown Makes me sad! He means he got a visible Mouse bug sometimes! Someone too?

EDIT: WE deinstall his MSI Overclocking Tools and Razer Tools from windows and set bios settings to default. After this it works fine i play all the day with him and he never got any problem again! Be Sure that you disable auto overclocking. Some Mainboards support this and auto oc :<

Message 8 of 83 (6,281 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue. It's basically unplayable at times in combat. It will just stop responding to inputs for several seconds, then it seems like it tries to "catch up" and then restores to normal. For example I'll be using WASD to move around enemies, then it's like the D key gets stuck and I'll continue going in that direction for several seconds and shooting my gun etc. This has caused me to die in combat multiple times and has been frustrating to the point that I do not want to recommend this game to others. I also experienced this in the demo as well and hoped it would have been resolved by launch.

Message 9 of 83 (6,248 Views)

★★ Apprentice

BUMP this has to be resolved it makes the game completely unplayable

Message 10 of 83 (6,121 Views)