by ConcernedSloth02

Original Post

[OPEN] Keep getting the calendar notification glowing dot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs and kits EXCEPT the following ones: I DON'T own: My Wedding Stories, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Werewolves Game Pack Cool Kitchen Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff Blooming Rooms Kit, Carnavall Streetwear Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Decor to the Max Kit, Fashion Street Kit, Incheon Arrivals Kit, Little Campers Kit, Modern Meswear Kit, Moonlight Chick Kit, Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load in a household, notice the glowing light in the upper right corner, open the calender to make it go away. Travel somewhere. The light is back. Also the light is on even without any specific event other than a lunar cycle related notification.
What happens when the bug occurs? The light appers without specific event, goes away when I open the calender and reappears every time my Sim travels.
What do you expect to see? The light only to appear when there is a specific event and the light not to reappear every time my Sim travels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug appeared after the latest patch.

There keeps popping up the new glowing button by the calendar even though nothing has changed

Message 1 of 35 (7,049 Views)

Re: Keep getting the calendar notification glowing dot

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (7,018 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have that problem. Im playing on Xbox Series S with the newest version. This bug came with the new update. 

Message 3 of 35 (6,997 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not OP, but I play on PC with no mods or custom content and I started having this issue after the July 26 patch.

Message 4 of 35 (6,976 Views)

★ Guide

Not OP, but I also have the bug (on PC). The light in the upper right side of the calender icon glows when loading the game. When I open the calender it goes away. When I change the lot or map the icon goes back to glowing. Also there is no specific event on this day other than some notification in relation to the lunar cycle.

These might be actually two bugs not one (the light glowing without specific event and the light reappearing on travel). I put them both in the form. I'm not sure though whether this is correct.

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs and kits EXCEPT the following ones:
I DON'T own:
My Wedding Stories, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Werewolves Game Pack
Cool Kitchen Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Blooming Rooms Kit, Carnavall Streetwear Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Decor to the Max Kit, Fashion Street Kit, Incheon Arrivals Kit, Little Campers Kit, Modern Meswear Kit, Moonlight Chick Kit, Throwback Fit Kit

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load in a household, notice the glowing light in the upper right corner, open the calender to make it go away. Travel somewhere. The light is back. Also the light is on even without any specific event other than a lunar cycle related notification.

What happens when the bug occurs? The light appers without specific event, goes away when I open the calender and reappears every time my Sim travels.

What do you expect to see? The light only to appear when there is a specific event and the light not to reappear every time my Sim travels.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. The bug appeared after the latest patch.

Message 5 of 35 (6,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Could this be caused because of the lifespan set to normal? Since the age progress doesn't update anymore, the birthday of this sim would need to move to the next day every day.

Message 6 of 35 (6,714 Views)

Hero
@7ktued1xyw82 Don't think so. From what I see it just reappears every time my Sims travel/load the game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (6,697 Views)

★★ Guide
@7ktued1xyw82 Not birthday related, I've been having the same issue before my Sims got the aging glitch since the patch.
Message 8 of 35 (6,634 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Keep getting the calendar notification glowing dot

★★★★ Guide

I have the same problem. 

Nothing new happens, still get notifications.

Lifespan lenght is set to normal but I'm not sure that's the reason why it appears.

Message 9 of 35 (6,628 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Keep getting the calendar notification glowing dot

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too. Calendar has constantly glowing dot.
This happens to cell phone too. Social bunny has glowing dot even when there aren't new messages.

Message 10 of 35 (6,528 Views)